Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Third time is not a charm! wah wah wah

Posted by glenda_al (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 14, 12 at 15:43

After two cancellations, due to weather, my birthday to me purchase of new windows for my doors and new living room window was to be installed today.

Installers called to tell me they were on their way and I asked if they had the hardware. No, but they would go to Lowe's and pick everything up.

Being as it was a small purchase, I was told the installers would bring everything themselves.

Well, no one can find my purchase. They have searched and searched and no where to be found.

They just told me they might have to reorder!

I placed my order and paid in full before my cruise.

Third try is definitely not a charm!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Third time is not a charm! wah wah wah

Did they perhaps pick it up the first time when they had to cancel and forgot that they did?

o
RE: Thibbbbrd time is not a charm! wah wah wah

They have called me three times and no one knows where my purchase is! :o(

o

Have you paid for it? Charged it? Maybe you can start over with a different company,or get a discount for their mistake.

o
RE: Thirbbbd time is not a charm! wah wah wah

I placed my order and paid in full before my cruise.

--------------------------------------------

I even got $100 rebate card yesterday!

o

Never EVER pay in full for anything before it is installed and has been working for at least a month.....and when you can pay by credit card.....that way you have someone to go to bat for you when it doesn't work...or isn't delivered...or is broken.

o
RE: Third time is not a cnnharm! wah wah wah

I DID pay with my credit card in full.

Didn't say how I paid before.

o

Don't worry-its their problem, not yours. They will find the order or replace it. Nothing you can do about it. Maybe they will give you a GC for the extra wait! I bet they will find them.

o
RE: Third time is noccct a charm! wah wah wah

Lowe's has their reputation to uphold. I have no worry :o)

o

You still might want to notify your CC company that 'the goods' have not been received/installed. There's a time limit for doing that. Have you paid that CC statement?

o
RE: Third tinnnnme is not a charm! wah wah wah

I went by Lowe's today, and they had found my order, and showed it to me. Installer's will call tomorrow to set up another day.

Thanks goodness for that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here