Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lace Blouse

Posted by ivamae (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 7, 12 at 15:26

I was in one of the Malls to-day for lunch. One of the ladies wear stores had a beautiful lace blouse in the window. It looked just like hand crocheting out of crochet cotton. The bodice part was lined but from the waist down was pineapple design. The lower edge was unlined and beautiiful pineapples. I used to love to crochet pineapple doilies and this looked so very very much like them. I wonder if there is any chance of being able to buy a similar patern. I'd love to make one for my daughter. If I had had my camera, I would have taken a pic. I was so amazed at it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lace Blouse

Sounds lovely! Have you tried going to Google, clicking on Images at the top, then putting something along the lines of: crocheted blouse pattern .... in the search box? Some beautiful crocheted blouses will come up--don't know if any is exactly what you're looking for, but it's a place to start.

Good luck. I'd never attempt something like that. I can crochet--barely--taught myself a few years back, but I know a blouse would never come out symmetrical if I attempted it--LOL! Hope you find what you want.

o

What store was it?

o

You know...your post made me think...I don't think I've been to a store in recent years that even HAD merchandise displayed in their windows!! I used to love window shopping...especially shoes!!!

o

You know...your post made me think...I don't think I've been to a store in recent years that even HAD merchandise displayed in their windows!! I used to love window shopping...especially shoes!!!

o

I did google and I think I found almost the same thing. I'm not sure if I have nerve enough to try it or not. It sure was nice.

Red curls I'm not sure of the name of the store. if I'm over that way again, I'll check. They had another one that was also the appearance of crochet but in my opinion it wasn't nearly as nice.
Thanks to both of you. If this link goes through all right you will be able to check it out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pineapple pattern lacy blouse

o

Ivamae, I see those frequently down here - why do you need 'nerve' to try it on - wear whatever you like - no one will think anything of it, except to say how pretty it is!

o

It isn't nerve to try it on. It is nerve to try making it. I'm really thinking about ordering the patterhn and trying it for my daughter. I do like to crochet, but have never done anything like that. It looked so very, very much as if it were hand made. Wonder how a machine could do it. I know they have knitting machines but didn't know there were crochet ones - if there is.

o

Oh, that IS lovely. You know, crochet thread is cheap (sometimes even available in dollar stores). So why not give it a go? It won't cost much to try, and you may just create a family heirloom.

o

Get a coupon for Michael's and buy their huge barrel of #10 crochet cotton. I think that barrel is about $14 and the coupons are 40% off. The nice thing about the big barrel is that it is usually one long thread and so you don't have all those ends to work into the project. JoAnn's coupons work at Michael's.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here