o
RIP Phyllis Diller!!

Posted by jasdip (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 20, 12 at 15:24

She was 95.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RIP Phyllis Diller!!

I thought she would live forever! RIP...

o

Always loved her. She lived a long full life

o

I have a fake HUGE ruby ring from her.

My parents were in Las Vegas at a show, and Phyllis threw out bunches of rings to the audience. Many many many years ago and I still have it.

o

She was always one of my favorite personalities. I read a lot of her books when I was a kid. She was so funny!

Fang's probably not happy that she's joining him.

o

Oh no! She was a genuinely funny person and I always enjoyed her jokes. RIP, Phyllis.

o

R.I.P., Phyllis. I haven't seen here on t.v. for years, but sure enjoyed her whenever I did see her.

o

Always liked her. And I still remember her on The Pruitts of Southhampton. Few seem to remember that show but I thought it was great, wayyyyyyyyyy back when.

Her greatest asset was being able to laugh at herself, not be thin-skinned and take everything in an offensive way as they can, like so many around (including here) are so prone to do. Need more people willing to laugh and enjoy life.

RIP Ms. Diller. You're still a beauty in my book.

o

RIP First I've heard.
She was an original

o

I liked her, thought she was very funny. You need a thick skin to be that business. If I were a celebrity I would never read a newspaper or turn on the news, my skin is not thick at all. Laughter is what we all need.

o

it was a tough day in hollywood...first phyllis, then wm windham, one of thise wonderful actors that appeared in dozens of shows (murder she wrote for one) the hippy anthem about san francisco writer, scott mckenzie, and the suicide of diretor tony scott..jumped off a bridge into la harbor..sadly a tour boat saw it...

o

and she wasn't obscene!!! That would sure be refreshing to find one like that these days. I don't mind naughty, but dislike obscene.

o

Her laugh was real! I loved her comedy-clean,mostly aimed at herself or "Fang", hysterically funny!

o

She said her dream kitchen would have an oven that flushed!

o

wm windham,

Didn't know that one of my favorite.
I saw a nice interview with Joan Rivers who spoke lovingly and respectfully about Phyliss,

o

She was so funny. And like redcurls said, not obscene. Just goes to show you can be very funny without throwing the F word around and talking disgustingly foul.

I loved her on Hollywood Squares. Also loved Paul Lynd (Uncle Arthur) haha.

o

She was a trailblazer, and very funny.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here