Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is anyone else sick?

Posted by joann_fla (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 7, 12 at 15:11

My son gave us all what he has. Sore throat, coughing sneezing, cold symptoms. It's no fun at all.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is anyone else sick?

When I read your subject line, I thought... sick of what? Heat, yes, dry, yes, heat and dry together YES!

Otherwise, I guess, I am lucky. So sorry you are sick. I just got back from work. It is a really short distance... to get there, and back, but in this heat, it is wearing me out.

Yes, of course, I ride my bike.

Hope you get to feeling better quick.

Moni

o

All last week my DH stayed home from work, sick. Started out with gurgling in his lungs, progressed to a sinus infection/cold then body aches fever. He's almost over it now.

Hope you feel better.

o

Happy to say I am not but sorry to hear you are. Hope you feel better real soon.

o

Sick here! About 2 weeks ago I woke up with a congested cough, fever, headache and body aches. Doc said I had bronchitis and prescribed antibiotics because of my history with pnuemonia. Still feel icky. Whatever bug this was is going around and hitting people hard.

o

Sorry to hear you gals are sick. So far we are keeping well, just tired and busy. Hope you all feel better really soon.

Sue

o

Yes. Last two weeks or so, sinus drainage, headache on and off, SLEEPY all day, no energy, sensitive stomach, lower back pain to boot. I thought the back pain was from sitting and doing nothing so much, so tried to get out today and lay down a little bit of mulch, trimmed the English Ivy. Actually back felt better, but later I came in the house, sat down in the chair, and pretty soon woke myself up with a loud snore! I had dozed off for appx.30 min.

o

I hope these things don't last long. Remember the chest cold/bronchitis I had in May? I just got rid of the last of the cough several days ago.

o

I hope all of you who are under the weather get to feeling much better and very soon. I think these types of illnesses are much worse on a person when it's hot out than when it's cold out.

Shirley

o

I had whooping cough last month. Coughed for a month spasmodically before I figured I should go to the doctor. (Actually DH made me go) I graciously had a coughing fit while he was walking down the hall and kept at it while he stood in the door - couldn't stop, couldn't breath and started choking. Whooping cough is on the rise in our area so all of you sick with a cough and no cold symptoms, do be careful. Antibiotics took care of it.

o

We have whooping cough here in central FL. I got the DTaP vaccine (for whooping cough/pertussis, etc.) because my grandson is going to be born any day now. And it's better to be safe than sorry.

o

Got it, too -- started as a sore throat, then the nose, cough. Began about 3 weeks ago. Still have the cough. Doctor gave me the prescription-strength cough medicine, except it's 12-hour -- and because it can make you drowsy, I can't take it during the day. So during the day, I have 4-hour cough medicine (non-prescrip). Some people at work have it, too (I sit 3 desks away from one of them), and one (at least) of my neighbors has it.

It's the cough and the difficulty getting the last phlegm out that creates terrible coughing jags.

If you have it, don't wait too long until you go to the doctor.

I'm still coughing, I'm working but I have very little energy. At least I'm sleeping!

o

I agree Pammyfay it's the cough jags that are so awful. It's a thick mucus and often times I find myself choking. Scary at times!

o

Matti: Ditto!

o

The whole right side of my face is swollen and killing me, not sure if it is a tooth or ear or sinus or all of them. I have been having some allergies and sinus stuff going on. It makes me a grump!

o

I feel worse today, I hope this doesn't last long.
Everybody GET WELL!

o

I have more of an appetite today, but my eyes are itchy and still suffering from mild headaches; but my back feels better. Rested in the chair again today.

o

Sorry about your son, Joann. I've been sneezing off and on all week and had a scratchy throat. I hope I don't get a full blown cold.

o

Oops...I just realized YOU ALL have it, not just your son. Sorry, you are all sick. I'm tired...just got off my 4th 12 in a row.

o

Alisande, I'm glad to read it's not just me. I had Bronchitis back in early May and it was only last week that the last bit of congestion left. I never realized it makes you weak as a kitten the first few weeks of being sick. I think Bronchitis is worse than the flu, providing there are no secondary infections!

o

Feeling better today with mostly just a stuffy nose. Back is still sore a bit, walked alot today which wasn't all that pleasant; but the worst part was getting in and out of the car. ugh.

o

Hope you're all feeling better. Ugh, sounds like what I had for 8 weeks this past winter.It was not fun.

o

I have phemonia[can not spell this word and so My MIL has got it.I took rounds of Antibodic and still very sick,Has anyone operating on a 80 yeaR WOMEN,GREG;S MOM HAS TO HAVE SURGERY.gREG IS WORRIED.sHE HAS A PROLAPED BLLADDER.aNY ADVISE WOULD BE APPRECATED.sHE IS A FREE-BLEED.trAVIS IS SICK TOO.tHE GAVE HIM A BREATHING TREATMENT,tHANKS FOR ANY HELP.tHEY DID A CAT-SCAN ON HIM BECAUSE THEY SAID HIS HEAD IS TOO BIG.bUT WE THINK WE THINK HE HAS A kILLINGSWORTH HEAD,tHEY WILL WATCH IT.tHANKS FOR LETTING ME POST,i MISS YOU ALL.hUGS jUDY

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here