Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
would you vote please?

Posted by susanjf (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 28, 12 at 15:08

dh's pal at work and his dd have rebuilt a 1971 plymouth duster for her when she's old enough to drive it, lol...it's been included in a contest...please vote, thanks!

alexandra stark's 1971 plymouth duster

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.hemmings.com/mmoy/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: would you vote please?

I voted, and what a wonderful family project that was, but I don't know how I feel about giving very young drivers muscle cars. Too much power in inexperienced hands. But maybe it'll keep her out of boys' cars. If she does the driving she'll probably be a lot safer.

o

What an incredible story. My first car was a '74 Plymouth Roadrunner. I voted Susan.

o

Wow, so many neat cars that I forgot alexandra's name and had to come back here and look again. I didn't read all the first paragraph, so can we vote daily or just one time?

o

That's a neat car. I voted for her.

Elaine

o

done! my first car was a dodge dart swinger! lol

o

I voted again.

o

I voted~ My first "date" with my DH was rebuilding a 61 Chevy truck engine. :0) 3 months later I got a job cashiering at Sears in the automotive department....then a year later I was a commissioned tire salesman & shop writer..... back then I was making a ton of money!!! Paid for college....

Hope your daughter is able to use her car skills to be hugely successful!!!!!

o

Just voted

o

thanks everyone...alex is also an avid horse-person and mom and dad are education first...(her grades dropped and the horse was on restriction for a week, lol)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here