Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I got a Job!

Posted by joann_fla (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 19, 12 at 15:01

Finally after 2 years of waiting I got the job at the school in the cafeteria. I was hired 2 yrs ago but was never called in to work. I reapplied last week, they called me in an I got it. It's just part time which is fine with me. I have to get out of this house!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I got a Job!

Congratulations!

o

Congratulations, good luck.

Elaine

o

Joann, congratulations. When my children left home, I was bored and lonesome so I got a part time job in retail. My favorite one was a book store. I had part time jobs 4 times over the years and worked as long as it was fun. I think your job would pay better.

o

So happy for you!

o

That's great!

o

That is great try and stay in the working field as long as you can

o

That's wonderful!! Many congrats!

o

Ahhh, Joann, CONGRATS!

o

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! Now remember to have fun....:0)

o

You go girl!!!

o

You go girl!!!

o

Joann, that's great--when do you start? You're a good cook so it should be fun for you. And the best part is you'll have lots of vacation days ;-)

o

Good for you Joanne. I think you will get a kick out of seeing kids. Maybe decorating the kitchen for holidays?

o

Good for you! What grades are in the school - I'm wondering if you'll see cute little kids or high school (of course some of them are cute too - just not little).

o

Thanks everyone
I have 6-12 grade High school. High school boys are cute too!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

And hungry too.

o

Oh...I LOVED working for the school! Congrats!

o

Congratulations! Getting out of the house and bringing in some income. Nice combination!

o

That's so great. You get out of the house, get paid, and aren't locked in to 40+ hours a week.

Congrats!

o

I am so happy for you Joann...good luck !!!

June

o

Have a Good Time! You'll enjoy being around kids-it will keep you young.

o

Good for you! Sounds perfect. I hear you about needing to get out of the house. I stopped working two years ago and I am going nuts. A PT non-stressful job would be ideal -- something to do and some income. You are my role model.

o

Can't wait to 'hear all about it' once you start! We need to know what's 'in' and what's not for kids these days.

o

that's great! ~ liz

o

I worked 2 days already, its great! yesterday was a snap but today I am wore out! Having to lean over the steam table and serve over 400 kids in my line can be back breaking. We had 2 accidents today. A light exploded on the steam table and the boss slipped & fell on the rubber mat. I think they are both fine now. I worked a little later today which is good too.
Food now is a bit different and suppose to me healthier. The pizza has a whole wheat crust (not great & rather stiff) other changes come from your presidents wife M.O.

o

That's great, Joann! I'm sure it will be an adjustment but you'll do good.

I went to work at Williams-Sonoma when I was in my early 60's and worked 8 years, most of the time one day a week, more during the hoiday season. I had my check direct deposited and did some traveling to Europe a few times with the "proceeds". Had to have a little help from DH with that. Although he doesn't like to travel he didn't mind me going with friends.

o

Good News and congrats Joann! When my daughter was in elementary school many years ago, I was hired to work at the cafeteria and I loved it too! I was the server, like you, I got to know alot of the kids back then and even today I will run into them and they still call me Miss Renee or The Lunch Lady. The hours were perfect! My hours were from 9-1 and the kids got out at 2 so I had an hour to do my errands. When she didn't have school, I didn't have to work. It was the perfect job.

o

Congratulations, Joann!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here