SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sue_va_gw

A purely selfish post

Sue_va
11 years ago

I don't know if anyone saw this or not, or the post by jel48, that followed it, because it fell off to page 2. This was very meaningful to me, so I am resending it.

RE: What Are You Doing this Weekend?

Posted by Sue-va (My Page) on

Mon, Aug 27, 12 at 10:41

On Sunday I was treated to a delightful day out. My DD, my DGD and her DH and my 11 year 0ld DGGS took me to the Riverside Center Dinner Theater, in Fredericksburg, VA. a pleasant two hour drive from here.

The Center was built for the purpose and it is just lovely, with beautifully set tables, cosy lighting and tiered seating, so everyone has a good view of the stage. Some of the waiters are also actors in the play.

The play? The Phantom! I have seen the movie (twice) but this production is based on Gaston Leroux's novel The Phantom of the Opera, which is considered by critics as eminently equal to its more famous Andrew Lloyd Webber's version. I have to admit my ignorance in that I did not know that, and I also learned that there was a movie in 1943, with Claude Rains, and Nelson Eddy.

This was the most gratifying day I've had for a long time. I had had a rough time from January to May, health wise, and I'm still dealing with some of it. My "kids" planned this and surprised me with it, and it was just perfect!

I'm adding the link, so you can get an idea of what it was like.

To see Jel48's post, go back to page 2.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Riverside Center

Comments (9)