SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19779803

GENEALOGY: William Scott Bailey

User
9 years ago

William Scott Bailey b. abt 1800 in Groton, Caledonia, VT. He is one of my ancestors who dropped out of the space ship. I don't expect to ever find parents for him because there are so many Bailey branches. He married Laura Ann McCauley b. 14 June 1801 Hillsborough, NH. They married 1822 in NY. He died 1834 in Madison County, OH and Laura/Laurey married Spencer Holycross. Laura had 5 children with William and 3 with Spencer. Spencer had 2 from his first wife, Polly Harrington. William and Laura Bailey had my gggrandfather Alonzo Moody Bailey. I can document Laura nearly to Adam and Eve but William.......not a clue.

Somehow, I think, William's father was a brother to Jack Bailey's (Queen for a Day) grandfather. I had the relationship once, thought I was wrong, threw it all out, a year later the light bulb in my head went on and now I can't find what I had :-( I had heard the story that we were related while I was a child and thought yeah, right, we're related to a movie star. But bits and pieces of census and newspaper snips shows a relationship between the families. Just can't pin down what it was.

What genealogical problem has made a scar on your forehead?

Comments (8)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH