Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Eddie Murphy died

Posted by lindalou (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 30, 12 at 14:30

today, in a snowboarding accident in Switzerland. RIP Eddie!!

http://eddie.murphy.mediafetcher.com/news/top_stories/actor_skiing.php

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Eddie Murphy died

Hoax.

o

hmmm...the article below is dated Thu, July 12, 2012

Could this be an awful hoax that has been going on for some time?

Eddie Murphy Dies In Snowboard Accident not!

Here is a link that might be useful: Eddie Murphy Not Dead In Snowboarding Accident

o

See the link

Here is a link that might be useful: death hoax again

o

No he is not dead it is a twitter hoax very sick people out there

Here is a link that might be useful: Hoax

o

wow...i am so sorry i posted it. guess you can't always believe what you read, especially on the internet. :(

o

So it's NOT true -- thank goodness!!!

o

So glad it isn't true. I hadn't heard about it either way.

o

I was so relieved that it's a hoax, big fan since SNL years ago.

o

I learned a long time ago not to believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see.

That goes double, no, triple, now with the Internet, all the social media, and photoshopping.

Its okay, Lindalou; it happens. If it hadn't been you it would have been somebody else.

Sue

o

I'm glad you posted it now we know the truth thanks

o

Yeah, this is the same hoax that said Adam Sandler died in a snowboarding accident in Switzerland last year.

o

And that goes the same with all the "FW:" and "RE:" emails that are passing around. When they come to my email, it stops here. Most of those are hoax emails. Yet, so many of my friends and family believed in them and continued to pass them on.

Keep in mind, the internet is opened to the whole world, even to terrorists. How many of those emails came from terrorists? We always think terrorists as someone trying to hurt us physically but what about emotionally or mentally? Some of their hoax emails are believable enough to create a frighten society which results in a fragile society. Do we want that?

Please, please be careful of what you read on the internet. Do more research before believing in them.

o

Somehow I can't see Eddie Murphy snowboarding so that would have been my first red flag!

o

Wow, glad it's a hoax. How sad if it were true. We need more laughter in the world.

o

Someone posted on another list that Bob (Gilligan) Denver just died! OMG! Until someone pointed out that he had died 7 years ago.

Here's a funny blog entry about it, I think that my friend probably got the news this way.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gilligan is dead!

o

@ ntt hou - seriously? Paranoid much? OMG!

o

Angelaid, yes, it's true! I have a friend that believes in everything, and I mean everything, she reads on the internet. I had to advise her husband to limit his wife's time on the internet.

Another relative believes that there has been all sort of conspiracy between governments. I asked for proof, he took out his laptop and showed me all sorts of hoax articles. He even pointed out a photo of our 5 US presidents with an article out of content. I asked him: "Look at the photo, what are the presidents wearing, what are the colors of the suits. Do you think they would wear formal suits to a hidden meeting?". Then, I asked him to search for photos of president Reagan's funeral. He found where that photo came from.

Anybody that forward me a hoax email is guilty of believing in them. Do you really want to know how many of these I receive a day? And that is just my email box. How many of you receive these each day? Think about it.

Do you believe everything the media says? Believe it or not, the internet is part of the media also.

o

I got this hoax email about the President and First Lady they are standing with their left hand over their hearts and it goes on to say how stupid they are and blah blah blah. I cannot believe that in this day and age of photoshopping that people believe this ignorance? Don't people have a brain anymore? I swear sometimes I just want to go crawl in a hole and get away from the insanity!!!!! The sad thing about it is this person that sent it truly believed the photo and passed it on to all her friends and she is not a dumb person, or at least I didn't think she was before..... :(

o

My niece believes it all, unless it goes against her beliefs. She said she saw a video of the FBI swat team raiding a farm home for having a dinner for their neighbors on garden food they had raised. They supposedly took all the food to be inspected and told the farmers they couldn't do that without a license and observing food regulations.

o

She said she saw a video of the FBI swat team raiding a farm home for having a dinner for their neighbors on garden food they had raised. They supposedly took all the food to be inspected and told the farmers they couldn't do that without a license and observing food regulations.

That falls under the "kind of true" category. There was a dinner at a farm in Nevada. It was billed as a farm-to-table type of event. I believe the "guests" had paid money to attend the event, thereby making it not just a neighborly meal.

The meat had not been USDA inspected, some foods had been prepared off-site..and other 'violations'.

A very zealous heath inspector came in and made them destroy all the food.

I could see both sides of this situation.

Here is a link that might be useful: Farm to table event....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here