Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pampered Chef stoneware washed in soap!

Posted by renee_b (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 1, 12 at 14:23

This morning I got up and noticed my Pampered Chef casserole dish in the drainer. Husband baked some fish last night while I was in bed sick, and then he washed it in Dawn liquid detergent afterwards. I asked him about it but didn't complain. I know you're not supposed to wash it, just scrape it out and run water over it. Is my dish salvageable? Anyone else done this before?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pampered Chef stoneware washed in soap!

Soap on my stoneware... help

check there they are discussing the same issue

o

Seems not to damage in according to the link above. You could soak it in some vinegar and water to try to soak out and remove the soap residue.

o

This happens here all the time; doesn't seem to cause any difficulties for us. I often rinse well and wipe on a little olive oil.

o

The reason is seasoning the dish. If it gets soaped you just start over.........

o

It's not a big deal at all - even the link above saying to bake a sheet of canned crescent rolls is way overkill, though it won't hurt.

Rinse it well, let it air dry thoroughly, and use it as you normally would. It will build up another layer of seasoning.

I don't believe all the dire warnings of your food tasting of soap, unless you soaked it in soap for hours and didn't rinse it.

o

I have never just scrapped my stonware.I hold it under hot tap water and scrub with Dawn and quickly rinse with hot water, then dry.I've never detected a soap taste.

o

I have always put my pieces of stoneware from pampered chef in the dishwasher...they still look almost new after years of use ...my pizza stones are over ten years old. The bread pans and muffin cups are seven years old and I make bread at least once a week. I think that oiling them just builds up the stuff on them and it never will come clean looking after constant use.

o

Mine is very seasoned and probably 16+ years old. I scrape it and wash it with Dawn all the time. We use it at least twice a week. Never had a problem.

o

Oh, and frankly - if fish was the dinner, I'd want it washed with Dawn, too.

If you bake some biscuits or get a bit of oily cheese from a pizza on a stoneware pan, that's one thing. Scrape away, rinse, and leave it. But fish is entirely different. So is chicken. I'd be washing with detergent, either way.

o

I have washed mine with soap plenty of times.

I love PC stuff for the most part - but some of the things the consultants say is a little overkill. Some of their "cooking facts" are a little off too, but they mean well.

o

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I did rinse it and let it sit in water for a couple of hours and rinsed it again. I've had it for years but not an everyday dish. I feel a whole lot better knowing that it isn't ruined. You guys are great!!!

o

I'd give my dh a big ol kiss for washing my icky pan. I wash or season as needed too. there hasn't been any problems with them so far.

o

I have even ran mine thought the self clean cycle in my oven. Comes out looking BRAND NEW !

I leave a flat stone in my oven all the time to regulate the heat and it gets pretty crusty - but after the self clean cycle it was just like it came out of the box!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here