Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Glenda, Your picture today.......

Posted by jae_tn (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 10, 12 at 13:45

I know you got preferred check-in, Glenda, but how did they do it? Did you go in early or a special entrance.....? You couldn't pay me to stand in that line or, for a matter of fact,go anywhere with that many people! I know you love to cruise as well as millions of other people, but I prefer doing what I did for 7 years. We rented an 8 bedroom house with 7 other couples who were friends, in Florida, on a very quiet beach. When we wanted an adventure, we drove to it then came back to the solitude on one of our balconies or night strolls on the beach.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Glenda, Your picture today.......

No this was our last port in Jamaica! Those people had been on excursions or shopping and were boarding the ship, Thursday, for our last day at sea, on Friday.

Pic was taken from our balcony.

When you embark the ship for cruising checkin, you go through a terminal, with long lines.

And yes, I get to miss the long lines embarking and disembarking, but NOT the long lines when you are in-port for excursions and shopping. I just know to get in earlier, so I miss those long lines. I'm not a souvenir shopper anymore :o)

The process is fast though and they keep you moving. You have to put all your shopping bags, etc thru an x-ray just like at the airport, and you have a ID card that you use to sign back in onto the ship.

I LOVE CRUISING :o)

o
RE: Glebbbnda, Your picture today.......

This pic is from cruise, last January, to Mahogany Bay, Honduras.

Lines aren't near as long. Just depends on the port and times of departure. And the number of excursions and shopping spots.

o
RE: Glevvvnda, Your picture today.......

This pic is the one Jae is referring to in her post. It's the long lines boarding the ship after excursions and shopping in Jamaica.

Had 3000 passengers on board the ship.

o

I've only been on 2 cruises,and am going on one in October with some girlfriends. I don't recall really being bothered by waiting in long lines, they move pretty fast. I love cruising, also, Glenda and can't wait for mine!

o
RE: Glenda, Your pic mmmmture today.......

There were lots of excursions to choose from in Ocho Rios, and places to venture to. Shopping wasn't that great, I didn't think. That's why we were onboard ship after our excursion. Thus no big line for us.

o

I don't think I'd really mind that long line... look at how beautiful the water is! Not a bad view while you wait.

o
RE: Glebbnda, Your picture today.......

ttt for Jae

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here