Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kindle Fire HD?

Posted by pkramer (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 13, 13 at 13:40

I saw that Amazon has lowered the price on the 7" model and was curious. For those of you that have one, could you tell me what you use it for?

I will be heading out on vacation next week and am taking my laptop and a stack of books. Would this replace them?

Peppi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kindle Fire HD?

Have the 7". Hubby reads books and watches TV shows (via OnDemand) and sometimes movies. Connects to internet and does FB when not on his laptop. He limits the books to only those that publish online versions only. All our books are hardback and we keep them.

It could replace your laptop and books but keep in mind you have to "buy" the Kindle version of the book. There are a bunch of free books and there's a way to borrow them from others.

We like the Kindle!

o

I also have the kindle fire,and I get most of my books for free or for minimal amounts.I also play games on it,get and store pics of the kids,grands,and great grands.

I didn't want one at first,but dh got an I pad and gave me the fire.Before I got that I just had the kindle 3G that you can only read on,i keep that one in the bedroom.

There are quite a few places to get free books.
Kathi

o

Thank you ladies, I may just take the plunge.

o

The difference between "with special offers" and without is ads. You pay less for the Kindle with ads. It's worth the extra few dollars to get it without ads.

It's a great deal right now! Go for broke and get the one with 32G!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here