Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Unusual Knockers (may be offensive)

Posted by pawprint1 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 17, 09 at 13:34

Im shopping for a new door knocker and found these! I dont think my friends would know how to operate it! The hand is supposed to bang on the door handle.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Unusual Knockers (may be offensive)

Cool. I like those. Like that door too.

Linda

o

They are cool but way to ostentatious for any of my doors or my house.

o

I like 'em.

o

From the looks of them, it seems like they would wake the dead if someone did use them! Is that a push button on the side or a key hole?

You don't like door chimes? ;-)

Sue

o

did you find where t buy them? that door and the knockers look like antiques though...

did a fast check..no hands at this one site but check out the awesome sun one in oiled brass...

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.door-knockers.com/Best_Sellers_Door_Knockers.htm

o

Very, very cool!!

o

Those are not 'door knockers'. Those are door handles.

CHEAT Pictures, Images and Photos

You can buy them here:

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/6108-000212/Photonica

My favs are the 'Handshake Doorknobs'. Creepy huh?

CHEAT Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Thats a handle?

o

I think I get it. You turn the hands as if you would turn a door knob. Kinda cool. Looks like something that would be on Ozzy Osbourne's house! :o)

o

When I read (may be offensive) I thought it was going to be about those other kind of k------s. But I was curious and opened it anyway.

o

Nice what ever they are. But, the (offensive) is getting real old and is quite obnoxious.

o

I was thinking they looked more like handles than knockers but ya never know. Anyone remember Young Frankenstein? "What knockers!" "zenk you doktur..."

The oversensitivity is what's old and obnoxious. People try to oblige the big deal made by some along with their demands and now there's yet MORE complaints! Ya can't win sometimes. Obviously some don't know what they want.

o

Nope...it "is" getting old and obnoxious...give it a rest

o

Those are so cool!! Look great on the door.

o

I liked them also, but you'd have to have a certain kind of house for them to look good....maybee an old Victorian house

o

I'M really OFFFENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i cannot believe you'd show them here....WHERE ARE YOU FROM???lol

o

I really want the 'Handshake Doorknobs". does anyone know where I could buy them?

thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here