SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathi_mdgd

Update,the news isn't good!!

kathi_mdgd
15 years ago

A few weeks ago i posted that i had to go for an ultra sound after having my mammo.The U.S showed a 2cm lump.Had the biopsy,and it came back positive for breast cancer.To say i am devastated would be an understatement!!

Saw the surgeon on monday,and he went over everything with us,DH,DS,and DIL went with me,plus i recorded the whole session,with the Dr's permission.

These next weeks are filled with appointments for this ,that and the other.Just hope i can keep it all together.

On the 20th they will biopsy the sentinal(sp) nodes,and on the 21st i will undergo a Bilateral Mastectomy,my choice.

I don't plan at this point to have any reconstruction surgery,at 70 yrs old i don't feel there is a need for it.

the" Girls" have served their purpose and done the job they were meant to do.I don't plan on having any more kids or dancing topless!!!! LOL,LOL,So i see no need for them.

Dh is fine with my decision,as are the rest of my family,not that if they weren't it would matter any.After all it's my body,and i make the decisions concerning it.

Just thought i'd bring you all up to date,with as much as i know now.Please add me to your prayer and good thoughts list.

Thanks

kathi

Comments (86)