SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catlady15

Crusty Pound Cake

catlady15
15 years ago

This is a recipe that has been in Greg's[my hubby] family for ever.I made two last week.Thought I share.

Mom's Crusty Pound Cake(Betty)

1 1/2 cup butter[3 sticks] soften

3 cups of sugar

6 eggs

1 tablespoon vanilla flavor

1 teasp of almond flavor

3 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 teap salt

Cream butter very well.Add sugar slowly mixing until texture is mealy.Add eggs beating after each one.Add flavors.Mix Flour and salt together.Add slowly to cake batter beat until moistened.Do Not over beat.

Greased and Flour a 10 inch tube Pan(I use Pam spray) making sure well greased and the tube part is well greased.

Bake in a preheated oven on 325* for one hour and 25 mintues or until you can stick tooth pick in and it comes out clean.Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes.Turn on a Wire Rack,turn right side up and allow to competely cooling.

Very good eat like this .You can also serve with Strawberries,blueberries,peaches or your choice of fruit,alone with cool whip or vanilla ice cream.

We also like eating it while a little warm.

If you do decide to cut while still a little warm be careful when slicing it will cut and not crumble.This recipe has been used so many times in our family and each time we bake this cake for a friend they tell us it was so good.Hope you too come back after baking it and tell me the same thing.But keep in mind like I always say.***Not everyone's taste Bud is the same.

Comments (5)