SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

Harry still has it, too.

caroline94535
9 years ago

Harry is semi-retired. He told us he's "old and dignified" now so he won't be running around like a crazy teenager; heeding our every beck and call.

He still participates in (short distance) snow sled and bike pulling, 5k runs (as an onlooker), goose/duck/grouse/pheasant retrieving - and rabbit, squirrel, fox, coyote hunting only if he's "in the mood." Otherwise he can be found lounging on the bed, the loveseat, in the mudroom, under a tree, in the garage, or where ever he feels like lounging.

He'll alert us when it's time for breakfast, morning snack, dinner, evening snack, bedtime snack, and any other needs he may have.

I have to take a more current photo. His eyebrows and lashes are mostly grey. He looks so "dignified." His arthritis is mostly under control and nine days out of 10 he's all revved up. He's always ready for a game of tennis ball, or slower walks around the neighborhood. When I work I the front yard I put him on a cable so he can "help."

Being a sedate on-looker use to drive him bonkers. Now he enjoys napping under the tree while I pull weeds.

He still goes swimming with Wes and Sam; he just doesn't swim out as far. Wes no longer "insists" he retrieve; is H wants to chase a bumber or decoy Wes throws it out just a little way. Harry is content to splash along the edges of the lake, looking for frogs, or chase a rabbit trail or two. Then a short swim and a long nap while Sam does the l-o-n-g water retrieves.

He's my love bug.

Comments (12)