SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jodi_socal

Need your healing thoughts

Jodi_SoCal
11 years ago

I have never asked the KT for something like this but it's time to call in every healing thought I can.

December 2010, Ginger, my non-smoker sister-in-law, then 43, experienced pain and tightness in her chest and was taken to the hospital where they ran some tests and discovered she had nearly a liter of fluid around her heart. They drained it and sent it off to a lab. Results came back that there were cancer cells in the fluid. Further tests revealed she was in stage 4 cancer involving her lymph nodes, bone and lungs. Because Ginger was otherwise very healthy young woman, doctors decided to treat her cancer aggressively.

In the last 18 months Ginger has gone through chemo, radiation and surgery and remarkably no trace of cancer was found at her last scan a couple months ago. Radiation was especially tough on her and it burned a large hole in her esophagus. It was months before she could eat anything at all by mouth. Swallowing saliva alone was extremely painful. The doctors finally put a feeding tube in and the hole was finally healing. Or so they thought. She was cleared to take a much needed vacation so they were down here visiting us last week.

While visiting us she ate both solid foods and liquid through her feeding tube. While she looked tired, she was in good spirits as she always is. The doctors told her once she was eating regular sized meals they'd remove the feeding tube. So that was her goal.

Saturday night, after her, my brother and 10 year old niece got home to Northern Calif., Ginger started experiencing horrible pains in her chest again. She was rushed to the hospital where it was determined she had food in her lung. It seems the hole in her esophagus was not healed after all and was letting food pass directly into her lung. Emergency surgery was done to clear out her lung and now they are trying to figure out what to do about her esophagus. She is currently heavily sedated and on a breathing tube. My brother called me in tears last night, so frightened she will not pull through.

Please send some healing thoughts and prayers our way so Ginger can overcome this new challenge in her life and to give my brother and niece some strength to deal with yet another blow. Thank you.

Jodi-

This is Ginger, niece Sierra and brother Gregg. Taken last Friday.

Comments (66)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor