SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardeningglovequilter

Some photos from yesterday's wildfire in Mannford Oklahoma

MiMi
11 years ago

Here are a few photos from yesterday's wildfire in the Mannford Oklahoma Area. There are two photos of fire in the middle of the town, it's unbelievable to think it burned to the middle of the town. They said that due to the BlackHawk helicopters the Post Office was saved and it is surrounded by concrete on 3 sides. The photo where you see the water towers is in town, also the one that shows stop lights hanging. Then there is a screen shot photo I captured that tells what one person is seeing in town. I got all these photos from Kotv Channel 6's facebook page. Our family farm is about 5 miles West of this town and all that is left standing there is the 112 year old barn, thieves burned the house down years ago. A cousin tried to go check to see if the barn is still standing but the highways were shut down. The highway Patrol told him that just a few farms over from ours over 150 head of cattle and horses perished in the fire. I imagine those are not the only ones, how horrible. All the small surrounding towns were evacuated. As of this morning people were allowed to return home. Only one highway is closed due to a live wire still laying across it. Last night Mannford lost electricity because the main feed line was burned. I don't know if that has been repaired or not. All of these little communities suffered greatly, a lot of these people had little to begin with, a lot of the rural houses were barely more then shacks.

Comments (14)