Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A few flowers and weeds.....

Posted by schoolhouse (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 17, 12 at 12:14

....makes a nice August bouquet for the kitchen table.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few flowers and weeds.....

Yes, it does!

o

Just beautiful! Some people's weeds are flowers to others! I see you have the little mimosa weeds growing in your area too. That stuff has taken over my side bed. I hired my yard guy to pull it out last year and it's back. At least that's what I think you have in there. I love the hydrangea and all the pinks.

o

Just lovely! When my fennel was growing, I cut fronds to tuck in arrangements with flowers.

o

beautiful

o

The bouquet consists of: Zinnia, Tansy, Queen Anne's Lace, Phlox, Golden Rod, Hydrangea, and the little purple wildflower that resembles a thistle but isn't. I know we had a discussion on the Cott.Garden forum about this weed one time and someone came up with the correct name; but I can not remember it now. I'm posting an image of it from the internet.

o

I love the vibrant colors.

o

This so reminds me of my mother.....we were poor as dirt, but she always brought in bouquets of flowers, greenery of some kind, and made beautiful displays of them. She loved beauty.

o

The flower is mountain bluet or some call them bachelor buttons.

o

very pretty!

o

susie53, not quite sure about that. The flower in my bouquet is a weed, maybe I confused you by posting that photo from the internet thinking it was the weed in question. I'll try asking on the Cott.Garden forum again and posting back.

o

beautiful!

o

That is so pretty!! I love the vibrant colors and the different textures.

o

Very pretty!!

o

Ooooh how beautiful !!!!

o

Frog brought Jan a bouquet of weeds and they looked great to me

o

So pretty and colorful!

o

Schoolhouse: Could that be knapweed in your bouquet?

o

tobygirl! Knapweed it is. I had posted the question on the Cott.Garden forum last night and just read their answer a minute ago, confirming it is Knapweed. I wrote it down on a slip of paper. Better than what I came up with - "Snotweed". ha

o
frog's poseys

Forgot to mention I think Frog is so thoughtful to gather poseys for his sweetheart.

o

Centaurea is the genus name of the pretty blue flower...lots of different species and many common names...including 'knapweed '.

Such a pretty bouquet!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here