Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Harry needs some Kindle help

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 31, 12 at 11:59

Harry loves his Kindle. In fact, he spends a lot more time with it than he does me :-) It's a good thing, though. Lately when he's tried to order a book using his Kindle, he hits "Buy" and nothing happens. I can go on-line to Amazon and it works fine. His Kindle is the G3/WiFi keyboard kind, if that helps.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Harry needs some Kindle help

Make sure he has the Kindle wi-fi turned on. I often have mine turned off to save battery life.

o

Thanks, Jodi. At the top, on he right side, it has a G3 icon--should it read "wifi". In case he doesn't know, how does he change to wifi?

o

it should show the wifi curved bars icon looks like a rainbow shape and should be lit up with at least one or 2 bars, yes wifi must be enabled on the device to connect and you must have a good live wifi signal available to connect to.
It should be in the settings area under networks and connections.

o

I don't need wifi to order my books from amazon. I do not even have wifi capability on mine. I hit the menu bar on lower right, then move the dark line under turn wireless on. Wait until the reception bars at top are filled. Then you can order from amazon if you have your kindle registered with them. Sometimes it says 3G and sometimes it doesn't- don't know why! Don't forget to turn wireless off or it will use up battery fsst. I think mine is the first or second model.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here