Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Double posts

Posted by schoolhouse (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 2, 12 at 11:46

Is it my imagination or are there many more double posts than usual lately? Not only here but on other GW forums as well.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Double posts

In the ten years of being on GW , have never had a double post. But the last couple of weeks mine have done so. At first I thought the double posts were from those using their phones to access GW. But it appears there is something else awry. Someone had four duplicates show up to today in another forum.

o

I've had a couple of my replies 'double up'. Can't figure why, and no, I don't have internet phone access.

Hope they get it sorted out soon.

o

It has happened to me many times recently I thought maybe it was something to do with my posting from my tablet but if it is happening that much to others also then maybe it is a bug in GW some where.

o

It has happened to me and the only thing I can figure it out, is because some new features have been added, it might be the way we hit preview, then add/correct something, then hit preview again, and then send. Maybe a glich in that.

o

It happens to me when I post from my Ipad, but not my laptop or desktop. Once I post and then hit the back button it will ask if I want to submit form again. Somtimes I forget and hit "yes" only to see that I have now posted twice. If I hit "Return to Kitchen Table Forum" then it does not ask the submit form question. I have had this happen on other sites as well and again only on my Ipad.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here