Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do You Wash Your Vera Bradley Purse

Posted by country_bumpkin_al (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 27, 10 at 11:15

I only own ONE Vera Bradley purse (neighbor's adopted me as their "Mom" and gave it to me for Mothers Day). So..I've been using it since May..and it needs a bath! lol It has the washing instructions on the tag..but I need to know if I leave the plastic stabilizer in the bottom..or remove it. I tried taking it out..but it's not wanting to come out!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do You Wash Your Vera Bradley Purse

Gee I love the internet....did a search "how to wash a Vera Bradley purse" and here is some information...but not how to remove that piece, but it does seem like you should if it's not plastic.

Here is one persons washing instructions...have to scroll down to read. one thing to dois to close the zipper.

http://www.epinions.com/content_147137007236

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: How to wash a VB

o

When I wash mine, I just remove the hard bottom and zip it up and wash in machine on gentle. I dry it by hanging it on the door knob with zipper open and when outside is dry, I turn it inside out and let it dry some more.

o

All is well! Took some fighting, but I did get the stabilizer thingy out of the bottom. Glad I did..it's cardboard. Thick cardboard...but cardboard! Mine doesn't have a zipper, so I just snapped it shut. It's hanging and drying right now! Sure looks a lot better!!

Thanks!!

o

Glad you to the time and effort to get the cardboard out....and that it washed well. You would think they would put a note in bags telling you this part wasn't washable OR why not find a plastic that would work...

Sue...who wears a cheap fanny pack from W mart, where they are not being sold anymore. Started wearing one when recovering from knee replacements and could not handle a cane and a purse. It's so heavy can't wear it as an across the body purse.

o

I wash mine by hand just like all the others said. No problem at all. Hang to dry.

o

"You would think they would put a note in bags telling you this part wasn't washable..."

Vera Bradley does include a small tag on the inside of each bag that has a removable bottom piece. The rag reads:

"This Vera Bradley bag has a solid base. Please remove base before washing."

The only problem is they don't give detailed instructions on how to get the darn thing out LOL!

o

I recently washed mine, but reluctantly thinking it would pucker up, fade or whatever. But it looks good as new. The bottom in mine just lifts out, must be cardboard covered with the matching fabric. Watch their site--they sometimes have some good markdowns. Not sure if I'll get another print, their blacks are so nice and black. That might be next.

o

I removed the bottom cardboard (there was a tag that came with the purse) and washed it in my washing machine with two towels. Line dried. I had to wash it, it came from my DDIL and they have cats. Everytime I used it I was sneezing and my eyes itched like crazy. It came out beautiful! My bag is one of the very large ones.
Kathy G in MI

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here