Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Other Forums

Posted by Shelgal (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 11, 14 at 10:59

I really love KT. I read it every day, and contribute whenever I can, but I wonder if anyone on KT knows of other forums that are NOT GARDEN WEB, that are similar to this one? I mean a board where everything is discussed, and there is lots of daily activity. I really enjoy reading KT, and would love to find some other similar discussion boards.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Other Forums

I enjoy several forums on GW and have been given some good advice, especially from the Computer Forum. Good advice on Buying and Selling have saved some people money. We can read and make our own decisions. We learn that there is valuable advice for all of us from many informed, trained and talented people.

o

I know several people who enjoy Reddit.com. They say it covers tons of topics. I haven't checked it out.

o

Alisande, I just checked it out~looks interesting, will take a bit of time to figure out the format~~I will give it a try;) Thanks for the tip~~

o

I like the forum For the Halibut from Fishigfordeals

o

Do a Google search on a subject your interested in. It can be something like family forums, senior ladies forums, womens message boards etc....... I've found many that way.

o

Try Home Talk.

I don't post or read there because I already spend too much time here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Talk

o

There is another forum that former members have joined. I spend too much time here, as Graywings said, so I have no intention of joining. I did have a lookie once and I find this one more interesting.
IMO that might be the forum that is calling us old biddies. So be it.
Kettle calling the pot black.

o

Most forums have an "off topic" or general discussion board. I like the Off Topic board at a forum called The Dish which is mostly for those interested in soap making and other bath and body products. You have to be a member of the board to even see the off topic board so you have to join which is no big deal. But be warned, you better put on your big girl panties if you plan on participating...HEEHEE!

o

Jasdip, what is the name of the forum you described in your post? I'd like to take a look at it and maybe join.

o

Jasdip, if you are talking about the forum that I think you are talking about, no one over there called this place "the old biddies' forum".

o

Thanks Marilyn. I know that members did talk about this forum, and members here at one time. Maybe things have changed.

I don't remember the name of the forum at all, Shelgal.

Another forum that has every kind of topic is

http://www.city-data.com/forum/

I haven't had the time to check it out thoroughly yet.

o

shelgal, I don't think anyone is going to volunteer the name of the Forum That Must Not Be Named.

o

Must be a serious reason for the silence about "The Forum That Must Not Be Named." Murdre? Cannibalism? Bad Hair?

o

For shame, not naming the forum, tsk tsk

o

Sorry. The Meeting House. Yes, definitely bad hair! LOL!

o

Old biddies. Yeah. The ones with experience, maturity, morals and manners.

o

I go to several FB pages where you can post and chit cht with like minded people~~most are of a spiitual/healing nature~keeps me busy.

o

Delphi forums has topics of any sort (sorry if someone mentioned it already, I admit to not reading all the responses)!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here