SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

Reducing Packaging instead of Food

Jasdip
9 years ago

I was thinking of this while feeding the cats.

We all know we're getting ripped off in the amount of food in packaging, and are being charged at least the same amount of money, and most often more. More money for less food.

Manufacturers have trimmed costs by making little changes to the package itself that doesn't hurt the food. Some are good, some not so much........I hate the flimsy plastic bottles. They don't keep their shape even when fill. I also find it difficult to open the shallow caps on water bottles. I seldom drink bottled water, so that isn't a big issue. But this little thing has saved the company millions.

I buy Whiskas pate food in a small square container as a treat for the kids. It comes in a small white tray, with an aluminum cover that you peel to open it. It also comes with a clear cover to store it in the frig. I don't have any leftovers, it gets used up among the 3 cats.

But when I bought a case of it at Costco, I noticed that there were only 4 plastic lids, one for each flavour. Brilliant!!! Instead of having each container (24) with their own clear cover, there is just one for each flavour that you re-use. The plastic is very sturdy, so re-using isn't a problem.

I wish the manufacturers/companies would keep on working on ways to save money thru packaging, and leave our food quantity alone.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!