SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lazypup

How to land a good job

lazypup
11 years ago

Todays trivia quize has a question about how to land a good job and that reminded me of a young man I met in 1974.

I was working a management position for a very large electronics manufacturer and one Monday morning all the managers were in a staff meeting. The staff meeting ended about 9:40 and as we were leaving the conference room the personel manager says,,,,"Oh Goodie, I have time to get down to the front desk before the dummie shows up."

The plant manager says "What dummie?"

The personel manager says, "We have a dummie who shows up every Monday morning promptly at 10am and asks for an application, when we give it to him he puts it in his file folder, then takes out one that is already filled out and hands it back to the girl at the desk. He then thanks her and he turns and leaves, he has been doing that every week for about 7 or 8 weeks and all the girls up front get a laugh out of it."

The plant manager says, "Let me get a look at this guy" so off they went to the front desk, and you can be sure, curiosity got the best of me, so I went along too.

Now there we were standing in the office sipping a cup of coffee and shooting the bull when all of the sudden someone ways "here he comes" and as we looked at the clock it was dead on 10am when a nice looking young man wearing a nylon windbreaker, sport shirt, dress slacks and leather shoes stepped up to the window and asked the receptionist for an application. Anticipating his arrival she already had one on her desk, which she handed him, and he politely returned one that was already filled out".

As he turned to leave the Plant manager shouted across the room, "Stop that man and hire him immediately!"

The personel manager turned to the plant manager and says "Hire him for what? We have no openings"

The plant manager says "you put him on payrole then send him up to me for his interview, That is the only SOB in this plant that faithfully shows up on time when he is expected, and he don't even work here. Well, you can be sure things are gonna change."

Comments (6)