Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some very sad news

Posted by marie-ndcal (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 10, 13 at 9:26

Well, after all health issues husband Dale has had, he passed away yesterday. Combination of lung, heart, diabeties and cancer. Just too much. He has had a severe cough unable to shake it, Took him to ER and they did everything. To ICU and a wonderful nurse, Eric took over along with Dr.s It was his time and he went peacefully. DD, and 2 GD. were there with me. He was 81 and we had just had our 60th anniversary. So just keep our family in your prayers and a big box of tissues around.
Thanks
Marie Gregory from ND

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some very sad news

Marie, my sincere condolences. I am so sorry for your news. The next several days will be a blur, and then you will be challenged with adjusting to it all. Please let people tend to you.

Congratulations to you and Dale for a long and successful marriage. You were both blessed.

o

I pray the peace he is feeling will fill your heart.

o

I am so sorry for your loss. Know that your family is in my prayers at this difficult time.

o

I'm very sorry to hear such sad news. My sympathies to you and your family.

o

So sorry for your loss. He lived a wonderful life and you had so many good years with him. Will keep you and yours in my prayers.
Mary

o

I'm so sorry, Marie. Yes, share those tissues with others--and grieve in whatever way feels right to you.

(((Marie)))

o

Oh Marie, I am so sorry to hear this news. I am certainly thinking of you. I know Dale will be sadly missed. Hugs.

o

Sad news indeed, Marie. 60 years-impressive.

o

I'm so sorry, Marie.

o

I'm so sorry for your loss, Marie. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Ellen

o

(((((((((((((((Marie))))))))))))))

o

I'm so sorry Marie. I had no idea he had some health issues.
60 years is quite a milestone indeed.

o

Sympathy and prayers to you Marie.

o

I'm so sorry about Dale. He sure had plenty of health issues and somehow his better memories will prevail over sickness. With 60 years together, that is outstanding. You are in my thoughts as you go through this sad time. ((Marie))

o

I am so sorry to hear such sad news. My condolences to you and your family. Hold the wonderful memories of 60 years close; I know he will be greatly missed. (((((HUGS)))))

o

You have my sincerest condolences, Marie. May His peace surround and sustain you.

Shirley

o

Dale

My condolences, Marie!

o

Marie, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You are in my heart and in my prayers.

jude

o

So sorry Marie~~Peace and Love to you and the family~

o

Marie, my heartfelt sympathy to you and all who are feeling his loss. I know it is hard, but you will all find peace in knowing that he is at rest now.

o

Marie, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

o

I'm so sorry.

How do you begin to adjust -- after all those hours and days together? Your world must seem a strange place.

From your posts, I believe you are a resilient person -- someone who has known life's joys and sorrows. I know you will be able to go on, but right now...my heart weeps with you.

o

So sorry...Stay strong!!

o

I'm so very sorry to be reading this, please accept my sincere sympathies on the loss of your husband.

o

May the God of all comfort keep you in the days ahead, Marie.

o

duplicate post

This post was edited by sweet_betsy on Sat, Aug 10, 13 at 18:26

o

So sorry for your loss, prayers and special thoughts for you and family. (((Marie)))

o

So sorry for your loss, prayers and special thoughts for you and family. (((Marie)))

o

My thoughts are with you and your family in this sad time.

o

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Know that we'll all sending special thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

o

My sympathy to you and your family.

o

I'm so sorry Marie!!

o

Marie, you have my sympathy. I pretty much know what you are going through right now. My hubby passed away 1 yr ago yesterday, after 53 yrs of marriage. He also had lung, heart and cancer problems, and the cough that wouldnt go away. Prayers for you and your family.

o

Marie, I know you are thankful for those sixty plus years of memories with Dale, but I am so sorry for your loss and I can only imagine how much your heart is aching! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Praying for comfort and strength for you. (((Marie)))

o

So very sorry (((Marie))). I am thankful that you had so many years together for making memories. Will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

o

My deepest sympathy to you and your family. Sending very positive and soothing thoughts your way. RIP

o

I add my condolences to the others. May God's love give you peace, the support of friends, & your memories of 60 years together give you comfort.

o

I am so sorry for your loss, Marie. My sincere condolences.

o

Please add my condolences. My thoughts are with you at this very difficult time.

o

May God comfort and help you through this difficult time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

o

I am so sorry for your loss. (((Hugs)))

o

My sincere sympathies, Marie. Wishing you peace during this difficult time.

o

so sorry, peace.

o

I'm so sorry for your loss.

o

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

o

sincere condolences for you and your family.

Moni

o

I'm so very sorry for your loss and will keep you and your family in my heart.

Dorie

o

Oh,Marie, I am so sorry to read of the loss of Dale. Peace be to you at this time, knowing he is no longer ill.

o

So sorry to hear this sad news. I'm glad your family was with you and at his side when the time came. The up coming months will be very difficult but you know we are all here when you need us.

o

Marie, I am very sorry. You are so right, this is very sad news!

o

Dear Marie, I am so sorry to hear of your sad news. I had not been on here since you posted till now. My prayers go out to you and your family.

Sue

o

Marie, I am so sorry to hear this news. You are in my prayers.

o

Marie, I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you and your family. Let others take care of you for now.

o

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Marie. So sorry you are going through this. Stay strong.

o

My sincerest condolences Marie. Please lean on your family and friends and of course, all of us here.

o

I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hugs!

o

I'm so sorry. My prayers are with you and your family.

o

I am so sorry for your loss.

o

I'm so sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace.

o

I'm so sorry.

o

Adding my condolences. 60 years is a long time but somehow never quite long enough.

o

I am so very sorry for your loss. My most sincere condolences and big hugs to you.

o

Marie, I am so sorry for your loss. You & your family will be in my prayers. He will not have to suffer any more, may he rest in peace.

o

Marie, I'm sorry to hear about Dale. Blessings and hugs to you and your family.

o

Marie, I'm so sorry for your loss. (((hugs)))

o

Marie, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
So sorry for your loss.
I wish there was more I could do. If there is anything, just let me know.

o

Sending you a hug and adding you to my thoughts and prayers. Dale will always be with you in your heart.

o

Marie, my condolences to you and your family. Hugs to you!

o

My condolences to you, Marie, and your family - you all will be in my thoughts at this difficult time.

o

Marie, I'm very sorry for your loss. You have to be so proud though of the 60 years you two achieved together.

God bless his soul, he is at peace. I hope you can find some peace from your grieving. Only time will ease your pain.

o

My sincere condolences on your loss. Like my first DH,I had the consolation that he had so many problems, that the Lord thought that enough was enough, and HE spared him more physical problems and deserved well earned relief.

You have the comfort of knowing that you stood by him and your marriage vow - " Till death do us part". A job well done.

o

60 years of marriage is an awesome achievement...raising a family another...reaching out with prayers for you, and the family....

o

I'm so sorry for your loss.

o

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. Lots of things going on. Kids flying/driving in and trying to get places for them to stay which is not a problem.
Marie

o

I'm so sorry for your loss, Marie.

o

I am so very sorry for your loss, Marie. After 60 years of marriage I know that his passing has created a huge void in your life. Bless you with good memories.

o

My prayer for strength and comfort for you and your family has been said. You have my sincere sympathy. I'm glad you were able to have 60 wonderful years together.

o

Marie, I am so sorry. May you be comforted by the One who made him.
Keep those wonderful memories of 60 years of married life forever burning in your heart.

o

Don't know what to say, but you are in my prayers. Hugs and special thoughts to you and your family.

o

So very sorry.

o

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

o

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

o

My heart goes out to you and your family on this loss. Take comfort in them and the memories you have built over 60 years together.

o

I'm so sorry, Marie.

o

My sincerest condolences Marie. I hope you find peace soon.

Jodi-

o

My deepest condolences, Marie. I am so sorry.

o

I join our other friends here at the KT in extending my sympathy!

Peace be with you!

o

So sorry for your loss Marie. May wonderful memories be a blessing at this time.

o

I'll be praying for all of your family that you find peace in knowing that he's at peace and that, after the sorrow, you'll find joy. God bless all of you.

o

Marie, I am so, so sorry. Hugs and prayers to you and your family from Minnesota.

o

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

o

I'm so sorry Marie!! Thoughts and prayers headed your way.

o

Marie, I am very sorry to hear this news. I am glad your children will be with you soon. Thinking of you and your family.

o

So terribly sorry..
While I have not personally lost some one that close..I just held a long time friend and neighbor through the process..I still get teary when I think about how it all played out..and he wasn't even my husband..I just can't imagine the weight on your or her heart!

o

Marie, I am just now seeing this. You have my heartfelt condolences. You are in my thoughts.

o

Marie i'm so sorry for your loss,please accept my sincere condolences.

He went through a lot and now he is at peace,and you'll someday be reunited in paradise.
Kathi

o

Oh Marie, I am so very sorry! You and your family are in my prayers.

Tami

o

May you find peace and comfort in the upcoming times.

o

I am so sorry, Marie.

o

Here's another wish for you, Marie. My deepest condolences to you and your family. I'm glad he passed peacefully.

Just read that you two enjoyed Big Bang Theory together. That's good. When health is failing, little things like an amusing TV show can mean a lot. You'll always think of him when you see the show. Hugs to you.

o

I am so very sorry Marie...may you soon find some peace and wallow in the comfort of the 60 years you had together...yours obviously was a match made in heaven...something so many people can only wish for...

o

Marie, I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your husband. You have my heartfelt sympathy. Hugs

Anne

o

Marie, my heart goes out to you; I'm so sorry for your loss.

o

Marie, I didn't know about your loss - been on vacation - I am so sorry and will keep you and your family in my prayers.

o

Marie-I am so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine what you are going thru. At least Dale is no longer suffering. My Dad has cancer and hospice has been coming to their house. He is 79 and next June would have been their 60th anniversary. My Mom is really struggling emotionally during this rough time. It so nerve-wracking day to day. Please remember to take care of yourself and just take things day by day.

o

Marie-I am so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine what you are going thru. At least Dale is no longer suffering. My Dad has cancer and hospice has been coming to their house. He is 79 and next June would have been their 60th anniversary. My Mom is really struggling emotionally during this rough time. It so nerve-wracking day to day. Please remember to take care of yourself and just take things day by day.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here