Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The power of Craigslist

Posted by sleeperblues (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 31, 12 at 9:08

DS is down in Madison for school. His mode of transportation is DH's old Motobecane bike, which is actually, apparently, a classic. DH refurbished the whole thing, and it's a really cool older bike. Well, DS got it stolen on Wednesday when he came home from band practice. Locked in front of his house. He was really bummed, because this is the week the UW band does vigorous practices/tryouts for the start of the football season, and there was lots of riding back and forth to the practice field. DH posted an ad on Craigslist, and a kid found the bike and returned it! The rear brakes were gone, and the pedals and seat were swapped for inferior ones. At least they were replaced, lol. I suppose the kid who returned it could have stolen it in the first place, but DH spoke with him at length and he didn't think so. In any event, he got the bike back, a little worse for wear but he said he actually liked the new pedals better, lol.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The power of Craigslist

That's GREAT news! Now, he needs to invest a few dollars and get his i.d. engraved on it somewhere and an alarm for it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here