SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldfixer

Yap Time

oldfixer
9 years ago

Good way to start the weekend. My small tomato garden looked questionable earlier in the year, but is now flourishing with a nice looking crop and more to come. Usually by Labor Day for me. Looks like multiple ripening times to keep busy. Maybe enough to can some. Cook them up directly into spaghetti sauce or chilli. Sandwiches. Just eating, sun warm off the vine. People than don't do at least ONE plant miss out on juicy delicious home grown flavor. Haven't had to mow the grass in 6 weeks now. Perfect. But it's about due finally. No rush. Don't eat out a lot, it's so much easier to cook meals and have plenty of leftovers. A pound of hamburger or a small roast can provide 4 meals. Can't pass up Happy Hour, somewhere. Doctor visits pick up again next month. The Blood Cancer has been holding stable, whatever that means. The disease, and treatment, have some side effects, which I consider annoying. Just deal with them at the time and keep going. I understand less about it than the medical experts, who also haven't figured it out. Don't have time to worry and moan about it. If they find a cure, I'll be a guinea pig and try it. Also due for a Bladder Cancer scan & scope. Confidence is high there, as we seem to have that one on the run. Wonder is he will recommend the 3 week maintenance treatment?
Mr. Sun is jealous and envious of all having those delightful 90 and 100 weather! And not all that far away. We are stuck in a 'hole' with below normal temps. 70's is NOT acceptable for summer. Everyone here gets grumpy. But I think there is another record being set. I'm ready to pack the cooler for the sand box, a welcome return to blue sky, warm sun and south winds. This will make a remarkable 14 consecutive weekends to hit the beach. Yahoo smiles. KT's don't like the beach as much as I do, and die when the temp is a stiflling 80! My fun at the beach stuff wasn't very popular. But here's more. Kids love 'safe waves' for ambitious splashing. I love how my Kodak captures the water drops. What happened to the energy to join them?
Enjoy your weekend and make it special.

Comments (11)