Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do You Have A Favorite Zucchini Recipe?

Posted by Marilyn_Sue (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 1, 12 at 9:00

I know some of us are now getting zucchini in our gardens or given to us and I wonder do you have a favorite way you like to fix it?

I am looking for a Zucchini Jam recipe that does not use pineapple but does use Sure Jell in it and Jello.

Looking forward to your favorite way to use up the zucchini.

Sue in Central Indiana

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do You Have A Favorite Zucchini Recipe?

You asked for favorite zucchini recipes, and then said you were looking for zucchini jam recipes. I have a new favorite zucchini recipe, but it is not jam, so I'm not sure if you are interested, but here it is anyway.

I like zucchini ANY way, but DH is not crazy about it, so when I find a recipe that he says he likes, I know it's got to be good. And this one is so easy.

Cut about 3 cups of zucchini in small julienne (love my mandoline), toss with about a half teaspoon of salt and put in a colander over a bowl so that the juices can drain off the zucchini. Heat a couple of teaspoons of olive oil in a saute pan and lightly toast 2 tablespoons of sliced almonds. Add the zucchini and heat through (flipping a couple of times) for about 2 minutes. The zucchini won't really be fully cooked. Grind a little pepper over the top and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. YUMMY!

o

Thanks Donna, we're going to try that one today, it sounds yummy.

o

We like breaded zucchini and I do shred a lot and keep it in the freezer for bread...But just the other day, I had left over chili and a fairly big zucchini so I hollowed out the seeds etc., and filled it with the chili, topped with more sauce and cheese and baked it until the zucchini was soft.....It was really good.....

o

My favorite way to eat zucchini is to slice it and saute with fresh basil in olive oil. Sometimes, I'll add onions or tomatoes, or both.

o

I do like to add shredded zucchini to my chili soup and to my meatloaf. Of course there are always the cakes and breads.

Sue

o

I slice it and saute it in olive oil. Then I serve it over linguine with lots of Parmesan. I don't remember the name for it....they were making it on a PBS fundraiser show. I also add some onions and mushrooms to mine usually.

I like it sliced and breaded and fried, also stuffed with a hamburger and tomato mixture, topped with cheese. Sometimes just stir fried and served with steak.

I made zucchini fritters awhile back and they were good too, but I didn't save the recipe. I grated them and formed them into patties and pan fried them. I can't remember what else I added as a binder or mixed with them.

o

Zucchini cake with Philadelphia Cream Cheese frosting!!!

o

My DD makes a good Zucchini stir fry with onions, fresh tomatoes, and some seasoning. I have tried to make it but can't, so I get her to make it. She adds Parmesan cheese, the type you use on pasta dishes, not the fresh. I also added garlic.

o

If you google Zucchini jam receipes there are some without the pineapple. Apparently the pineapple helps set the jam/jelly.

o

Zucchini quiche!

o

My aunt made th emost delicious stuffed zucchini. I wish I had her recipe. She sauteed the core of the zucchini in butter with onion and chopped tomato and I don't know what else. Then she heaped that concoction into the halved zucchini, sprinkled them with salt and parmesan cheese and baked them till tender. These were smaller squash, so if you want to stuff some of the big ones, simmer them in salted water first to help them cook enough.

o

At this site,there are 75 recipes for zucchini and squash

http://www.marthastewart.com/275750/summer-squash-and-zucchini-recipes/@center/276955/seasonal-produce-recipe-guide?xsc=eml_msl_2012_07_26&om_rid=Dk0S$h&om_mid=_BQET9VB8r6cRJf

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here