SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

Tuesday's Trivia Quiz

Jasdip
9 years ago

Happy Aviation Day and Soft Ice Cream Day!!

BLFENTON and MATTI got yesterday's answer right!!

You use 3 times as much of "this" as people from anywhere else in the world.
A. Toilet paper

Speaking of tp, Luckygardnr told me when I visited her, that in Costa Rica you can't flush any. *Everyone* places the used paper in a bag and it gets thrown out. Only water goes down the toilet. She said it works but I'm not so sure! :~/

Today's trivia question is

46% of moms say their biggest stress is "this"

This post was edited by jasdip on Tue, Aug 19, 14 at 15:05

Comments (16)

• jim_1 (Zone 5B)
    9 years ago

keeping their home clean.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    9 years ago

school!

They won't limit what they eat when they're little, they try to make everyone fit the mold, etc. I can say without any hesitation, it's my biggest headache. He's an excellent student, but to get them to handle the social aspect, oy! It aint gonna happen.

• Marilyn Sue McClintock
    9 years ago

Money or the budget

Sue

• dees_1
    9 years ago

Getting themselves ready in the AM.

Actually, the reason why you don't flush tp in many countries is because the plumbing systems were not designed to manage paper. The process with a waste basket works just fine.

• Georgysmom
    9 years ago

DAD!

Getting the kids up in the morning,

Getting the kids to clean their room.

getting the kids to do their homework.

Figuring out what's for dinner.

• grandmamary_ga
    9 years ago

Getting the children up for school, clothed,fed , making sure they have everything they need and out the door.
    Mary

• matti5
    9 years ago

I got it right yesterday too! I'll let Blfenton keep the cash prize ;)

Helping with homework
    Time management

• blfenton
    9 years ago

I like the thrill of actually getting something right! LOL

Keeping the schedules of their kids straight.

Planning meals.

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

Their husband. At least that's what my friends complain about the most.

Re: Not flushing TP. I've actually been trying to think of a way to reduce the amount of TP that we flush because I keep having to fight clogs. I thought perhaps we could discard the wet-only into a small waste basket with a pedal-operated lid, but then I remember the stench that escaped the diaper pail every time it was opened...ugh.

• hounds_x_two
    9 years ago

Failing Lunch Box 101
    Figuring out how to be more than one place at the same time

• Elmer J Fudd
    9 years ago

I'm not questioning your friend's experience, but I will say that during a delightful 10 day visit to Costa Rica a few years ago, I encountered nothing but normal bathroom practices. It's a pretty safe and civilized place given the neighborhood it's in, called by some "the Switzerland of Central America".

• sylviatexas1
    9 years ago

living up to their own standards/expectations?

Diaper pails contain the entire amount of urine, though, & used tissue just contains a little bit, so probably just normal housecleaning would keep the wastebasket...socially acceptable?

Someone told me the other day that some companies are doing marketing research to see how toilet paper without the cardboard core would sell;
    it sounds like a brilliant idea to me.

no more cardboard waste (how many trees?), & saves the manufacturer $$.

Sylvia says 2 thumbs up!

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I've seen that ad somewhere that they are trying to eliminate the cardboard tube. I forget how it would stay intact on the roller as you got near the end.

• foggyj
    9 years ago

a child's manners, or lack of.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    9 years ago

RE: the toilet paper without the cardboard isn't new. I thought so too, but Scott's been selling it for years. It's their ad.

• jim_1 (Zone 5B)
    9 years ago

I use those cardboard tubes in the garden to protect some of my more fragile transplants. After a couple weeks, then get somewhat yucky and then I put them in the compost bin.