Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone else a "The Big Bang Theory" (tv show) geek?

Posted by rob333 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 12, 13 at 7:52

Cause I totally knew what today's Doodle was. I just guffawed!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone else a "The Big Bang Theory" (tv show) geek?

Yes, love Sheldon!

o

Me too!!! They are showing repeats of Big Bang on TV now and the one with Schrodinger's cat was only on a week or so ago, so when I saw what the google doodle was, I laughed too.

o

We both loved that show and were watching the reruns. But then, Dale, my husband who just passed away, was a engineering/chemist major in college and could relate to many of the epsodes.

o

Hurray! I'm glad we're all here together.

(((marie))) I'm sorry to hear he's gone. My kindest wishes for soft peace.

o

I guess I'm just a fan and not a geek, because I didn't get the google doodlle today. Must go back and look at it again. This show is one of the few that makes me laugh out loud all by myself. Always keep a bunch of them on my DVR. I love it when Penny, Amy and Bernadette get together for one of their girl's nights.

o

Here's a clip from that specific show to jog your memory fran.

:)

Here is a link that might be useful: Schrödinger’s Cat

o

Thanks Rob. LOL

o

I love it too. I agree Fran...it's a laugh out loud kind of show!

o

love the show- how about Leonard's mother and Sheldon's mother?

o

Its my husbands favorite show of all times. I'll watch it with him and its growing on me. He even has a t-shirt that he wears with Sheldon's photo on it and it says Buzinga. Also one of his favorite words to say. Reruns he loves too.
Mary

o

We watch it all the time....I didn't know what Scrodingers cat was about until I saw it on Google and looked it up, although the reason I did was because of it's mention on BBT....love that show, so does hubby...our daughter first told us about it a few years ago.

o

I laugh outloud when watching Big Bang. Jim Parsons brings such intensity to the role of Sheldon. He must be "made that way" or totally exhausted after taping a couple of shows. They are all great in their roles and must be having a good time with the show. (I hope they are.)

OK--I'll be the "Penny" here--don't get the google doodle. How does Schroedinger's cat in the box--one dead one alive-- translate into the "oo" in google?

o

It's Schrödinger’s birthday. The cat theory is his. So the cat in the box and the cat that is dead (the ghost) pertain to his theory. He's both dead and alive in the doodle (and in the theory). Does that help? I'm probably misunderstanding your question.

I just laughed when I saw the doodle only because I knew what Schrödinger’s Cat Theory is. But only from Big Bang. I would never have known had I not seen Sheldon's explanation or Penny saying "Ok. The cat is alive!" as she practically runs out the door for their date. Forever etched in my brain now that I've had it performed right before my puny eyes.

o

Thanks, Rob. I want to pass this along to a friend who also loves BBT, but thought I should be a little better informed before doing so.

o

I loved that episode. I watch it daily. It comes on twice. Some I have seen and I skip, and others are good enough to watch again. Unfortunately I miss the new episodes most of the time.

Since I only have antenna tv, and no recording device... I hope to catch them in the reruns. :)

Moni

o

I hadn't watched original showings, but recently became addicted to the re-runs.

So funny! Reminds me of my own nerd clique in high school.

Good to hear that Google has honored the show!

o

Love it! I am a science geek, I guess being a retired research scientist qualifies me lol.
Sheldon is from the area I live, he was honored recently.

o

Yes, the show cracks me up! All the guys are so funny! Love Howard (where do they find his clothes??) and Raj too!

o
RE: Anyone else a "The Big Bang Theory"/tv show) geek?

Poor Raj. Always a loser when it comes to love. Do you think he'll ever get a girl friend. I guess it wouldn't be as funny if he did.

o

You don't think he'll end up with Lucy when she figures out he completes her? It'd be funny to see them using their phones for sexting on their wedding night instead of anything "traditional".

o

I love BBT, especially Sheldon.

roommate agreement.

his own spot on the couch.

knock knock knock
"Penny"
knock knock knock
"Penny"
knock knock knock
"Penny"

Soft kitty, warm kitty,
little ball of fur,
happy kitty, sleepy kitty,
purr purr purr.

o

When I went to see my MIL, I knocked 3 times at her door and called out, "Helen?"

I had to stop myself from doing it twice more.

o

I think Raj is so cute and funny. In real life his wife is a true beauty.

Nayyar married Miss India 2006 winner Neha Kapur in December 2011.

o
"The Big Bang Theory" geek; I love the messenger bag!

Add me to the "I love the Big Bang Theory" list!

I am trying to replicate Dr. Sheldon Cooper's "man-bag" which he's often seen wearing. I want one just like it!

They don't focus on it too often, other than the wide, cross-body strap. By pausing and backing up the videos, I've managed to figure out the front flap has three pleated pockets; one is full length, the other two are half-widths above it. I think they all fasten with side-release buckles.

On each end there is an elasticized pocket/pouch with a top flap and another side-release buckle. I suppose they could hold water bottles.

I've searched Google for "Dr. Cooper's man bag" and got many images, very few of which resembled the bag in the show. I even found a forum that was discussing it! The consensus there was the discontinued "Goorin" bag was made in the early 90s for Bloomingdales as a "Dad Bag," a diaper bag styled for fathers.

If anyone has an idea of where I could get one of these bags, or a pattern to make it myself, it would make me so happy I'd probably blink my eyes and shout "Bazinga!"

Here is a link that might be useful: Forum on BBT

o

The Big Bang Theory is the only comedy that I have the patience to watch. It is laugh out loud funny.

Canada loooooves the show and it's always high in the ratings here. Barenaked Ladies sing the theme song. Now, how many of you can do that. I still can't.

Although i suppose the lyrics are on the internet somewhere.

o

I can! And you're supposed to shout BANG at the end. My son and I always do... life, science, history; unraveling the mystery... it all started with the big bang--BANG!!!!!!!!!! so much fun.

o

It's my favorite comedy - poor Howard Wolowitz - will he ever get enough sex? His 'mother' cracks me up!!!! Sheldon's 'mother', with her southern drawl and religious attitude and sayings, just tickles me! If I need a good laugh, I have only to look at Mayim Bialik (Amy Farrah Fowler) - she is SO, SO funny!

I have followed Mayim, Johnnie, Laurie Metcalf, Christine Baranski and Sara Gilbert through lots of years of acting and think they do a fabulous job on TBBT!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here