SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
party_music50

Attacked by squirrels!

party_music50
9 years ago

I've never seen this happen before in my entire life and it happened to me twice yesterday!

It was an absolutely GORGEOUS day here yesterday.... low 70s, very sunny dark blue sky, generally nice breezes... I was playing golf and missed the green just a little short/right on the 8th hole. I was ready to hit my chip shot when a pinecone banged on the ground about 2 feet in front of me. Within seconds another hit the ground next to me. Before I knew what was happening, I was being PELTED by lots of big, heavy, green, *sappy* pinecones! I looked up to see a squirrel dropping them at me from a branch about 40' off the ground. I hurried to reach down to get my ball to MOVE, but the little b@$+@rd got me in the face when one bounced off the ground! lol! It hit me hard -- I had pine sap all over the right side of my face and all over my sunglasses! then when I tried to wipe it away it ended up all over my hands and my golf cart. LOL!!! ok... I survived, despite the mess, but honestly he quickly threw about 50 heavy/sappy pinecones at me and then he stopped when I moved away!

After golf and some pine sap cleanup, I decided to do some deadheading in the garden... naturally I chose the back corner where there are some overhanging trees from the neighbor's yard. Honestly, I didn't even know there was an oak tree over there, but the squirrels did and within moments there were heavy acorn clusters raining down on me -- hard!!! I ran as fast as I could before I was able to be hurt!

I have no idea why they hated me yesterday, but at that point I decided it would be safer to stay away from any trees or squirrels. :O)

Comments (11)