Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Frog has a questian for the Gardeners?

Posted by lazypup (lazypup@yahoo.com) on
Wed, Aug 8, 12 at 6:55

Frogs questian

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Frog has a questian for the Gardeners?

Nope, not a bit? Do frogs have a good sense of smell?

o

Depends on how many bee's are in the flowers

o

I sometimes have problems when there is bees in the flowers too! I hope your nose is better soon, Frog!

o

It is very surprising to me that Frog--intelligent as he is--would be asking this question. It seems more like a question that Nephew would ask!

To answer your question, Frog: Knowing the name of the flower does not alter the smell.

o

Frog, from now on, shake any flower first before you try smelling it so you don't get stung again.

o

I should have mentioned, Frog, 'A rose by any other name would smell as sweet...'.

o

No Frog; they smell the same whether you know the name or not.

I'll let you in on a secret though. Flowers do seem to smell better, and appear to be more beautiful, when I poke around in the gardens and see some of your kith and kin lounging under the foliage.

I've recently installed two "Toad Abodes," (or would that be "Frog Flats"?) in the north garden to help keep some of your cousins cool and damp. One is a homemade affair, the result of a cracked clay pot; the other is a fancy-schmancy English Cottage Garden-style "Hop-a-long Inn" direct from Ye Olde Thrift Shop

Don't tell anyone, but it set me back 25-cents. Do you know how many Junebugs that would cover?

o

Didn't Shakespeare answer this question already? "A Rose by any other name smells just as sweet." lol

o

You can see the price list on the front of Frog's Bugmart

o

Looks like Frog's bugstand is doing very well! Has he ever thought of taking it on the road? It is county fair time, in many places, and I've never seen a June bug stand on the fairway....

o

URGENT Message: Frog, drop what you're doin' and go to Google. There's a kayaking game going on and... lots of frogs along the stream are getting hit! Gulp! You need to go there and save them out. Bring a first aid kit! Hurry!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Kayaking game on Google

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here