Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, August 3, 2012

Posted by luckygardnr (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 3, 12 at 3:48

Watermelon Lemonade
Allrecipes.com

Light and refreshing summer drink. Garnish with watermelon slice. It can be made into an adult cocktail by adding a little vodka.

Original Recipe Yield 6 cups
Ingredients

1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup water
4 cups cubed watermelon
3 cups cold water
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
6 cups ice cubes

Directions

Place the watermelon into a blender. Cover, and puree until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh sieve.

Bring sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.

Remove from heat. Stir in 3 cups of cold water and the lemon juice. Divide the ice into 12 glasses, and scoop 2 to 3 tablespoons of watermelon puree over the ice, then top with the lemonade. Gently stir before serving.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, August 3, 2012

Oooh, that sounds refreshing, Luckygardnr.

I got this gluten-free recipe via e-mail. Twice-baked potatoes freeze nicely.

TEXAS TWICE BAKED POTATOES (Gluten-Free Website)

6 large baking potatoes
1 lb. ground beef
6-8 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
1 medium white onion, diced
16 oz. sour cream
Coarse salt & fresh ground black pepper, as desired
2 -3 Tbsp. hot sauce
16 oz. shredded Cheddar cheese
3-5 scallions, diced

Wash and perforate potatoes with fork in several places, slice thin line on top. Place potatoes directly on rack of oven preheated to 400F, cook for 1 hour 30 minutes. While potatoes are baking, brown ground beef with diced onion until meat is no longer pink: remove from heat. Fry bacon; remove and drain on paper towels and crumble. Remove potatoes from oven let cool enough to be handled. Slice each potato lengthwise into halves. With a spoon, scoop out almost all of potato into a large mixing bowl, leaving just enough to maintain the rigidness of the skin. With a large fork, hand-mash the potatoes mixing in the sour cream, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Stir thoroughly until mixture is creamy but still firm. Mix in the crumbled ground beef, bacon, onion, and scallions. Add half of the shredded cheese and combine. Fill the empty potato shells with meat mixture; place on large baking sheet. Top with remaining shredded cheese. Return to oven and bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is thoroughly melted. (Serves: 6)

o

Mr Food Mexican French Toast I AM GONNA HAVE TO MAKE THESE

2 eggs
1/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, divided
3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar

Instructions
1. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla until well blended.

2. Cut each tortilla into quarters then place in egg mixture. Gently stir to completely coat tortillas. Allow to soak 10 minutes, or until softened.

3. In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add 4 tortilla quarters and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden, turning halfway through cooking. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Repeat with remaining butter and tortillas. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve immediately.

o

Grilled Corn with creamy Chipotle Sauce

1/4 tsp. salt

1-2 chipotle chiles, drained and seeded

1 garlic clove

1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat cottage cheese

2 tbsp. light mayonnaise

2 tbsp. plain, fat-free yogurt 6 ears corn, shucked

1. Prepare grill.

2. Place first three ingredients in a food processor; process until minced. Add cottage cheese; process until smooth, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Add mayonnaise and yogurt; process until blended. Spoon sauce into a bowl; cover and chill.

3. Grill corn. Serve with sauce.

Makes 6 servings.

Source: Cooking Light Way to Cook Vegetarian

o

Corn Pudding

Mix together -

1/4 cup sugar
3 Tbs flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt

Whisk together -

6 eggs
2 cups whipping cream
1/2 cup melted butter

Mix the above together and add -

6 cups fresh corn

Bake in 9" X 13" greased dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. This is so yummy be prepared to hand out the recipe..

o

Susie, that sounds like a winner! Gonna try it soon. Thanks!

o

These are great for the summer easy and light and yummy. If you prefer to use cooked shrimp instead of crab you can just cut into pieces and proceed.

Chili-Lime crab cups

24 wanton wrappers (size 2 3/4x 3 1/2")
1 lb lump crab meat, shells removed or shredded fake crab
1/2 cup chopped fresh mangoes
2 TBS chopped fresh cilantro
2TBS chili-lime hot sauce Franks brand

Heat oven to 350. Arrange wonton wrappers in wells of mini muffin pan.
Coat wonton wrappers with nonstick cooking spray.
Bake 9 mins or until crisp
Remove wanton wrappers from muffin pan. Let cool.
In medium bowl, combine crabmeat, fresh mangoes, chopped cilantro, chili-lime hot sauce, 1 tsp salt and 1/4tsp pepper.
Spoon 1 1/2 TBS crab mixture into each wonton cup.

o

Bulgogie (Korean BBQ)
This can be made with beef or chicken

Roast beef, cut thin (about 1 1/2 pounds meat)
1/4 cup sesame seed (toasted and ground)
3 green onions (sliced thin on diagonal)
1/4 cup sesame oil
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 cloves garlic (chopped fine)
1/3 cup soy sauce (to taste)

Mix all ingredients except for the meat and stir well. Place meat in zip lock bag and pour marinade over it. I squish the bag to be sure that all the meat pieces are coated.

Put a very small amount of oil into a frying pan and place pieces of meat all over the bottom. Heat over medium heat and turn quickly so they are not cooked too well. Place pieces of meat in a dish or bowl as it comes out of the pan. Pour the juices from the pan into a measuring cup or bowl. Keep repeating this until all meat is cooked. Holding the meat in the bowl or dish drain the juices into the measuring cup.

Pour remaining marinade from the zip lock bag into the pan and add the juices from the measuring cup or bowl into the pan also. Heat it until it just starts to boil. This I serve in a gravy boat or large measuring cup so that it can be poured over the steamed rice.

I also double the marinade so that there will be plenty for using over the rice.

This can also be put together and frozen until you want to have it then cook as stated above.

o

Bulgogie (Korean BBQ)
This can be made with beef or chicken

Roast beef, cut thin (about 1 1/2 pounds meat)
1/4 cup sesame seed (toasted and ground)
3 green onions (sliced thin on diagonal)
1/4 cup sesame oil
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 cloves garlic (chopped fine)
1/3 cup soy sauce (to taste)

Mix all ingredients except for the meat and stir well. Place meat in zip lock bag and pour marinade over it. I squish the bag to be sure that all the meat pieces are coated.

Put a very small amount of oil into a frying pan and place pieces of meat all over the bottom. Heat over medium heat and turn quickly so they are not cooked too well. Place pieces of meat in a dish or bowl as it comes out of the pan. Pour the juices from the pan into a measuring cup or bowl. Keep repeating this until all meat is cooked. Holding the meat in the bowl or dish drain the juices into the measuring cup.

Pour remaining marinade from the zip lock bag into the pan and add the juices from the measuring cup or bowl into the pan also. Heat it until it just starts to boil. This I serve in a gravy boat or large measuring cup so that it can be poured over the steamed rice.

I also double the marinade so that there will be plenty for using over the rice.

This can also be put together and frozen until you want to have it then cook as stated above.

o

A few bulgogi recipes mentioned this week!
This is my Bulgogi recipe. I use minute steaks cut in thin slices.

Korean Beef Bulgogi

1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp dark sesame oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp pepper
1 lb sirloin fast-fry steaks
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 savoy cabbage, thickly sliced, about 8 cups
4 green onions, 1" pieces
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds

Stir soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, garlic and pepper in a large bowl. Cut steak into bite-size strips, each about 1/4" thick. Stir into soy mixture until well coated; set aside.

Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Add cabbage and 2 tbsp water. Stir-fry until soft, 3 minutes. Add onions for the last minute of cooking. Remove to a large platter.

Increase heat to medium-high. Add 1 tbsp vegetable oil to pan. Remove meat from soy sauce and stir-fry until no pink remains, 3-4 minutes. Stir in any remaining soy sauce, cabbage and onions and cook until heated through, 1 minute. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over rice.

o

Ohhhh Glenda I saved that one too!! I think it sounds good!

Blueberry Dumplings

Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients

2 1/2 cups blueberries, divided
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup water
2 1/4 cups Bisquick
1/2 to 2/3 cup milk

Preparation

Bring 2 cups blueberries, sugar, and 1 cup water to a boil. Boil 5 minutes. Combine Bisquick and milk; drop dumpling mixture in with a soup spoon. Add remaining 1/2 cup blueberries. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes. Serve with cream

o

Nodakgal, what size pan do you use? Seems like it would have to be a little large for the dumplings, but???? I have that recipe from TMH recipes. It's time to make it!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here