Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, August 2, 2012

Posted by luckygardnr (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 2, 12 at 3:40

Chicken with Herb Roasted Tomatoes and Pan Sauce
Bon Appetit

Roasting tomatoes intensifies their flavor and coaxes out their sweetness.

Ingredients

1 1/2 pounds cherry tomatoes or other small tomatoes on the vine
6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 tablespoons herbes de Provence
1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 small shallot, minced
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley leaves
3 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves

Ingredient info: Herbes de Provence, a dried herb mixture, can be found at specialty foods stores and in the spice section of most supermarkets.

Preparation

Preheat oven to 450F. Combine tomatoes, 2 tablespoons oil, and herbes de Provence in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large heavy ovenproof skillet until oil shimmers. Carefully add tomatoes to pan (oil may spatter). Transfer skillet to oven and roast, turning once, until tomatoes burst and give up some of their juices, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and drizzle with Worcestershire sauce.

Meanwhile, season chicken all over with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Sear chicken on both sides until golden brown, 6-8 minutes. Transfer pan to oven and roast chicken until cooked through, 8-10 minutes. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and let rest for at least 5 minutes.

Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to same skillet; heat over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Deglaze pan with vinegar, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan; add tomatoes and their juices and simmer until sauce is just beginning to thicken, about 1 minute. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.

Slice chicken; divide among plates. Spoon tomatoes and sauce over; garnish with herbs.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, August 2, 2012

CINNAMON ROLL CAKE (Cookin� Up North)

3 c. flour
1/4 tsp.salt
1 c. sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 c. milk
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. butter, melted

Mix everything together except for the butter. Slowly stir in the melted butter and pour into a greased 9x13 pan.

Topping:
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. flour
1 Tbsp. cinnamon

Mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Drop evenly over the batter and swirl with a knife. Bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes.

Glaze:
2 c. powdered sugar
5 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla

While warm drizzle the glaze over the cake.

o

I told Azzalea the other evening that I'd post my recipe for bulgogi marinade here and I forgot yesterday. This is an old recipe so I think the MSG could be omitted or replaced with ??

Bulgogi Marinade (Noni L.)

2 tsp. MSG
3 tsp. sesame oil
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 or 2 green onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp. sesame seed
1-1/2 lb. sliced beef

Mix together. Pour over beef (I mix it all up in a plastic bag.)

o

Mr Food Potato taco salad

3 pounds white potatoes
2 cups mayonnaise
1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sliced scallions (green onions)
1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
1 cup coarsely crushed ranch-flavored tortilla chips

Instructions
1.Place potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook 20 to 25 minutes, or until fork-tender. Drain and let cool.

2.In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise and taco seasoning; mix well.

3.Cut cooled potatoes into chunks and place in a large bowl. Add mayonnaise mixture and remaining ingredients to potatoes and mix until thoroughly combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

o

I like the sound of that recipe, Glenda. Gotta try it!

o

Lucky that chicken recipe looks good!

Now that peaches are in season, a grilled peach salad sounds about right!

Grilled Peach and Mozzarella Salad

Reduced balsamic vinegar adds a tangy kick to peaches that are grilled to bring out their inherent sweetness. Be sure to choose nice, firm fruit; if the peaches are soft, they'll collapse on the grill.

If you want the nice grilled flavour all over the peaches, quarter, instead of halving them.
Serves four.

3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 sprigs fresh thyme
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 firm-ripe peaches (12 oz. total), halved and pitted
4-1/2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
4 cups lightly packed baby arugula (about 2-1/4 oz.)
1 ball fresh mozzarella (5 to 7 oz.), cut into 3/4-inch chunks (about 1 cup)

Prepare a medium gas or charcoal grill fire.

Combine the vinegar and thyme in a 2-quart saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the mixture is thick, syrupy, and reduced to 1/4 cup, 6 to 9 minutes. Remove from the heat, discard the thyme sprigs, and season with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper.

Rub the peaches all over with 2 tsp. of the oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Grill cut side down until lightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool slightly. Slice each half into thirds.

In a medium bowl, toss the arugula with the remaining 2-1/2 tsp. oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange on a platter. Top with the mozzarella and peaches and drizzle with about 2 Tbs. of the reduced balsamic, adding more to taste. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.

o

That cinnamon roll cake is very good! I've made it and yummmm!

I have not made this one but it sounds good!

Peanut Butter Pudding Cake

Ingredients:

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups light brown sugar, packed, divided
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts, optional
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups hot water

Preparation:
In a bowl, combine flour, 3/4 cup of the brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the milk, peanut butter, peanuts, oil, and vanilla. Stir until blended. Spread batter in a greased 8-inch square baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar. Slowly pour hot water over the top. Bake in a preheated 350� oven for 45 minutes. Serve peanut butter pudding cake warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Serves 6 to 8.

o

Oh my gosh, Connie, the pb pudding cake sounds delicious!

o

Patti, they're similar, except for one BIG difference. Like you, I do mine in a heavy-duty plastic ziplock bag--easier and safer. Amounts of ingredients can be increased or decreased to taste.

My BIL's Bulgogi Recipe

2-4 pounds bottom round--sliced tissue paper thin
a bunch of green onions, sliced
5-6 times as much garlic as you think is enough (BIL's words--LOL--I generally use about half a bulb of garlic)
1/2 cup soy sauce
2-3 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons sesame seed
1/2 can Coca Cola

Mix all together in a heavy plastic bag, seal, marinate 24-48 hours in the refrigerator, turning to redistribute marinade several times. Grill until done.

We like it served with rice, grilled pineapple and grilled green peppers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here