Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, August 4, 2012

Posted by luckygardnr (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 4, 12 at 2:42

Crustless Cranberry Pie
Allrecipes.com

Light, super simple, and delicious dessert. Great with vanilla ice cream.

Original Recipe Yield 1 (9-inch) pie
Ingredients

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups cranberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
1 teaspoon almond extract

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9 inch pie pan.

Combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Stir in the cranberries and the walnuts, and toss to coat. Stir in the butter, beaten eggs, and almond extract. If you are using frozen cranberries, the mixture will be very thick. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.

Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, August 4, 2012

That sounds like a delicious, easy recipe.. thanks.

June

o

Will have to try that...I have one bag left in the freezer, from last year's crop.

o

Red Curry Chicken with Rice Salad (Real Simple)

1 cup long-grain white rice
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
2 teaspoons light brown sugar
1/2 red jalapeno or serrano pepper, thinly sliced
6 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 carrots, halved and thinly sliced
1/2 pound snow peas, trimmed and thinly sliced
2 scallions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
6 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup roasted peanuts

Cook the rice according to the package directions; spread on a plate and let cool.

In a medium bowl, combine the oil, fish sauce, sugar, jalapeno, and 4 tablespoons of the vinegar. Add the rice, carrots, snow peas, and scallions and toss to combine.

Meanwhile, heat grill to medium. In a second medium bowl, combine the curry paste and the remaining 2 tablespoons of vinegar. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Marinate 15 minutes. Grill the chicken, uncovered, until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Serve with the rice salad, sprinkled with the peanuts.

o

Think it will work with blueberries?

o

Luckygardnr, I was wondering what to do with the 4 bags of cranberries I have leftover from last year. That sounds like just the thing!

I have several recipes for sesame-honey chicken that I haven't tried, but this one sounds easy and I have all the ingredients.

SLOW COOKER HONEY SESAME CHICKEN (Six Sisters Stuff)

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thighs would be fine too)
Salt and pepper
1 cup honey
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup diced onion
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (could also use olive oil or canola oil)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional - doesn't really add heat, just adds more flavor)
4 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 6 Tablespoons water
Sesame seeds

Season both sides of chicken with lightly with salt and pepper, put into crock pot. In a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic and pepper flakes. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high 1 1/2 � 2 1/2 hours, or just until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from crock pot, leave sauce. Dissolve 4 teaspoons of cornstarch in 6 tablespoons of water and pour into crock pot. Stir to combine with sauce. Replace lid and cook sauce on high for ten more minutes or until slightly thickened. Cut chicken into bite size pieces, then return to pot and toss with sauce before serving. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over rice or noodles.

*You can also sprinkle more red pepper flakes on top if you want more heat.

o

That looks good Patti!! I like the sixsisters blog.
I'm doing my Asian pork in the slow cooker tomorrow. I'm putting yours in my to-try soon binder.

o

Mine is similar to the first cranberry pie.

I've made this one many a time, but I substitute vanilla for almond flavoring.

Impossible cranberry pie

1 c bisquick

1 c sugar

1/4 tsp salt
2 c cranberries prefer fresh

1/2 c chopped walnuts

1/2 c butter,melted

2 eggs

1 tsp almond exttract **I substitue vanilla just cause

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease one 9-inch pie pan. Combine the Bisquick, sugar, and salt.Stir in the cranberries and the walnuts.and toss to coat. Stir in the butter, beaten eggs,and almond extract. Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.

o

Catherine's Spicy Chicken Soup

Ingredients

2 quarts water
8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons dried parsley
1 tablespoon onion powder
5 cubes chicken bouillon
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
1 (14.5 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes or sub Rotel tomatoes and chilies
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained or frozen
2 (16 ounce) cans chili beans, undrained or black beans,rinsed and drained
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream

Directions

In a large pot over medium heat, combine water, chicken, salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, onion powder and bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 1 hour, or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken, reserve broth. Shred chicken.
In a large pot over medium heat, cook onion and garlic in olive oil until slightly browned. Stir in salsa, diced tomatoes, whole tomatoes, tomato soup, chili powder, corn, chili beans, sour cream, shredded chicken and 5 cups broth. Simmer 30 minutes.

**save the sour cream to add at the table, along with shredded cheddar cheese and corn tortilla chips. Want great tortilla chips? Buy a package of fresh corn tortillas. Spray or brush both sides with olive oil, cut each tortilla in half and then julienne them into 1/4" strips. Spread the strips out on a nonstick cookie sheet. If you like, sprinkle with sea salt, chili powder and/or cumin. Bake 5 minutes at 425 degrees and check; sample and bake longer until the chips achieve your desired crispness. The julienned chips are great because they're easy to pick up with a soup spoon. You'll never go back to store-bought chips!
can make in crockpot.freezes well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here