Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, August 9, 2012

Posted by luckygardnr (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 9, 12 at 2:37

Garlic Chicken
Allrecipes.com

Simple to make, just dip and bake! Garlicky goodness in a breaded chicken dish. Yum!

Original Recipe Yield 4 servings
Ingredients

2 teaspoons crushed garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).

Warm the garlic and olive oil to blend the flavors. In a separate dish, combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip the chicken breasts in the olive oil and garlic mixture, then into the bread crumb mixture. Place in a shallow baking dish.

Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, August 9, 2012

Taking this to potluck next week. Made it before and super easy and good.

Farmer's casserole

3 cups frozen shredded hash browns
3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup diced cooked ham
1/4 cup chopped green onions
4 eggs
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp salt

Directions
Place potatoes in an 8 in square baking dish.
Sprinkle with cheese, ham and onions.
Beat eggs, milk, pepper and salt; pour over all.
Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
Let set before baking about 30 minutes.
Bake, uncovered, at 350* for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean

o

This drink definitely has a kick, but is delicious and cold for these summer days.

Dumaine's Drink

Got this recipe from Cheryl Dumaine when we lived in Germany. It does have a kick.

1 jigger creme de cocoa
1 jigger brandy
1 jigger Kahlua
1 or 2 scoops vanilla ice cream

Put all in blender and swirl.

o

Woo hoo, Walnutcreek! That sounds like a winner all year 'round.

This is a recipe I've probably posted before, but it's so good. Harry likes it and it's colorful on a plate.

Beet Salad

1 lb. cooked beets, diced (I use 2 cans sliced, drained)
1/4 c. sour cream
4 Tbsp. mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
Juice of 1/2 lemon or 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar
2 tsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. fresh dill

Mix together and chill about 20 minutes before serving.

o

this recipe was just in the latest Arthritis Self Management magazine and really sounds good. Will have to try it out. Would be really good with some good cornbread.

Southwestern Style Chicken Stew

Ingredients

1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 teaspoons minced garlic
6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 10-ounce can enchilada sauce
1 4.5-ounce can chopped green chilis, drained
2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 10-ounce package frozen corn
2 cups cooked chicken, chopped into bite-sized pieces
Preparation

Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add broth, enchilada sauce, chilis, cumin, chili powder, corn, and chicken. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer about 30 minutes. Add water if necessary to bring to desired consistency.

o

I meant to post the link to that page for reference
chicken-stew

o

Balsamic Chicken (Recipe.com---Diabetic Living)

4 small skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 to 1 1/4 pounds total)
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
1/4 cup dry red wine or water
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)

1. If desired, place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound with the flat side of a meat mallet to a rectangle 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.

2. In a small bowl, combine paprika, oil, rosemary, garlic, and pepper; mix well until it becomes a paste. Rub both sides of each chicken beast half with paste mixture.

Coat a 1392-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place coated chicken in prepared pan; cover and refrigerate for 2 to 6 hours.

3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Drizzle chicken with wine. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted in the thickest portion of the chicken registers 170 degrees F and the juices run clear, turning once halfway through baking. (If chicken has been pounded, bake about 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear, turning once halfway through baking.)

4. Remove from oven. Immediately drizzle vinegar onto chicken in the baking pan. Transfer chicken to serving plates. Stir the liquid in the baking pan and drizzle over chicken. If desired, garnish with fresh rosemary. Makes 4 chicken breast halves.

o

Raven, I'm keeping that recipe and will use it when cool weather gets here.

I've posted this before, but in case you haven;t seen it:

BROCCOLI ONION CORNBREAD

1 cup fresh broccoli or 1 10 oz pkg frozen broccoli
1 pkg Martha White (Cotton-pickin') cornbread mix*
3 eggs
1 stick butter, melted
1 med onion, chopped
1 cup cottage cheese
1 tsp salt

Cook broccoli until tender, drain. Beat eggs, cottage cheese and salt together and add cornbread mix, butter, onions and broccoli.
Pour into a greased 9 inch square pan and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.

*Martha White mix doesn't have sugar in it.

If you don't want to use the MW mix, just sub your own corn bread recipe.

(I often leave out the onions and have cornbread for breakfast but don't want onions at breakfast!)

Sue

o

I posted this recipe on the Cooking Forum, then thought you would like to see it. I was surprised at how flavorful & easy this dish was - it's now in my Keeper file. It's from Martha Stewart Living.

Pork Tenderloin and Mustard-Wine Sauce
4 servings

1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Whisk together wine, water, and mustard. Season pork on all sides with salt and pepper.
Heat a 12-inch ovenproof saute pan over medium-high heat; add oil. Sear pork until browned on all sides, about 6 minutes total. Remove from heat. Carefully add mustard-wine mixture. Transfer pan to oven.
Roast pork, spooning sauce over meat about halfway through, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat registers 145 degrees, about 15 minutes. Let pork rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Drizzle with sauce.

o

I made the garlic chicken tonight, but with boneless pork chops. A WINNER! I'll be making that again. Next time, maybe add some fresh herbs with the bread crumbs. It was delish and easy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here