1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
1/4 cup whole-grain mustard
1/4 cup packed dark-brown sugar
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 side salmon (about 3 pounds), skin removed, cut into 8 fillets
1 bunch watercress (about 3/4 pound), thick stems trimmed
1 lemon, cut into wedges, for serving

Directions

Heat broiler, with rack in top position. In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium-high. Add shallot and cook, stirring often until softened, 3 minutes. Add vinegar and cook until slightly evaporated, 1 minute. Add mustard and brown sugar; stir until warm and combined, 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat. (To store, refrigerate cooled glaze in an airtight container, up to 1 day.)

Place salmon fillets on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Transfer 1/2 cup glaze to a small dish and brush on top of salmon. Broil salmon until glaze is bubbling and fish is opaque throughout, 5 to 10 minutes, depending on thickness; brush remaining glaze over fillets. Serve salmon along with watercress and lemon wedges.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, August 21, 2012

This one looks good to me.
chewy S'mores granola bars, they are NO-bake

Here is a link that might be useful: chewy-smores-granola-bars

o

Mornin' ladies! Hope you're having a grand old day, today.

TACO RICE

1 lb. ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
3/4 cup water
2 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
1 can black beans, drained
2 cups cooked white
tortilla or corn chips
your favorite taco toppings - salsa, cheese, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, etc

Brown the meat in a skillet and drain off fat (I use a collander). Return the meat to the skillet; add the taco seasoning and water, mix and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato sauce, black beans and rice. Heat in skillet for 5 -10 minutes, until heated through. Serve over tortilla or corn chips and top with your favorite taco toppings.

o

GS loves when I make these for him :o)

Taco crackers

2 7 oz boxes cheese crackers
5 tsp taco seasoning
1 tsp each
garlic powder
oregano
chili powder
1/2 cup oil **use a little less than 1/2 cup
Stir seasonings with oil
Pour over crackers in plastic bag
Mix thoroughly
refrigerate overnite
turning several times
Let reach room temp before serving

o

Patti, how did you like last night`s curry chicken. Crap my computer is making funny symbols and I can`t post a question mark. I don`t want to re-start my computer right now, so bear with me.

This is the easiest tomato sauce, you`ll ever make. We had this on Sunday with spaghettini and it is incredibly good. I didn`t throw the onion out, but chopped it up to serve with the sauce.

Marcella Hazan`s Tomato Sauce (Marcella Hazan Essential Classic Italian Recipes Cookbook)

2 pounds fresh, ripe tomatoes, blanched, peeled and chopped; or 2 cups canned imported Italian tomatoes, cut up, with their juice
5 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion, peeled and cut in half
Salt to taste

Put tomatoes in a saucepan, add the butter, onion, and salt, and cook uncovered at a very slow, but steady simmer for about 45 minutes, or until it is thickened to your liking and the fat floats free from the tomato.

Stir from time to time, mashing up any large pieces of tomato with the back of a wooden spoon.

Taste and correct for salt. Discard the onion before tossing with pasta. Serve with freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese for the table.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here