1 bunch radishes, trimmed
2 Tbs fresh chives or 1 Tbs dried chives

Dressing:

3 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs cider vinegar
1 tsp honey
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper

Trim the peas, if needed, and then blanch the peas in a pot of boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes. Drain and immediately put the peas in a bowl of ice water to stop them cooking.

Trim the radishes and slice thinly or cut into wedges or do some of each.

Mix up the vinaigrette in a small jar, shaking until well blended, then pour over the peas and radishes and serve.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, August 5, 2012

Upside down strawberry cheesecake **never tried but sounds good

1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (4-serving) package vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 pint fresh strawberries, washed, hulled, and halved
4 graham crackers, crumbled

Instructions
In a medium bowl, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form; set aside.

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy. Add pudding mix, milk, sugar, and lemon juice, and continue beating until smooth.

Add whipped cream and stir until well blended. Place strawberry halves in a 9-inch pie plate. Spoon cream cheese mixture over them and top with crumbled graham crackers.

Serve, or cover and chill until ready to serve

o
RE: I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, August 5, 2012

Harry loves chicken divan and I haven't made it for ages. Got a reminder from this week's Parade Magazine. Sounds good!

CHICKEN DIVAN (Sherry Shepherd in Parade Magazine)

1 large bunch broccoli, trimmed and cut into 4" long spears
1/2 stick unsalted butter, diced
5 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 c. chicken broth
1/2 c. well-chilled heavy cream
3 Tbsp. medium-dry sherry
Fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1-1/2 lb. total), cooked and sliced thin

In a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, cook broccoli for 6 to 8 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside, covered.

In a heavy saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add broth and bring mixture to a boil. Cook on low, stirring for 10 minutes or until thick.

In a mixing bowl, beat cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form, then add to flour mixture, along with sherry and lemon juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper.

Arrange broccoli in a flameproof 2-quart gratin dish or other shallow casserole dish. Top with half the sauce. Stir 1/4 c. Parmesan into the other half of sauce. Arrange chicken on broccoli, pour remaining sauce over top and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 c. Parmesan.

Broil, about 6" from heat for 1 minute or until sauce is golden and bubbling.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here