Posted by luckygardnr (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 12, 12 at 1:29

Cheesy Cauliflower Pancakes
From a Good Appetite

1 head cauliflower
2 large eggs
1/2 c cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 c panko
1/2 t cayenne pepper (more of less to taste)
salt
olive oil

Cut cauliflower into florets & cook in boiling water until tender about 10 minutes. Drain. Mash the cauliflower while still warm. Stir cheese, eggs, panko, cayenne & salt to taste.

Coat the bottom of a griddle or skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat. Form the cauliflower mixture into patties about 3 inches across. Cook until golden brown & set, about 3 minutes per side. Keep each batch warm in the oven while you cook the rest.

Makes 8 pancakes

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, August 12, 2012

CINNAMON SUGAR PRETZELS (Life's Too Short to Skip Dessert)

1 (16 oz) bag pretzel twists
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Pour pretzels into a roasting pan. In a medium sized bowl mix together vegetable oil, cinnamon and sugar. Pour over pretzels and stir to coat. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes, removing twice to stir. (NOTE: She wrote that only used about half the bag of pretzels, so I'l play it by ear.)

o
RE: I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, August 12, 2012

I shared this once, and gave it to a friend. Can't wait to try this.

Mexican French Bread
2 eggs
1/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, divided
3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar

1. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla until well blended.

2. Cut each tortilla into quarters then place in egg mixture. Gently stir to completely coat tortillas. Allow to soak 10 minutes, or until softened.

3. In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add 4 tortilla quarters and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden, turning halfway through cooking. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Repeat with remaining butter and tortillas. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve immediately.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here