SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nita__az

Raft the river in Page, AZ (pics)

Nita__AZ
9 years ago

Since we couldn't take a boat ride to Rainbow Bridge we decided to take a raft trip down part of the Colorado River. It wasn't a wild ride and we were back before lunch. It was fun and we got to meet lots of people. There were two families from England in our raft.

We started out taking a bus which took us through a 2 mile tunnel under the Glen Canyon Dam. Our river ride took us down to the part of the river that goes around Horseshoe Bend. We could see the people up on top of the cliffs looking down on Horseshoe Bend.

We stopped about half way so that we could use the bathroom and also go see the petroglyphs. Mike went to see them and I walked back to the raft. That is when I fell on one of the steps before the several steps that led to the beach. I landed on my butt and then went flat on my back. Luckily there was a couple coming up the stairs and the man helped me to sit up. I then waited on Mike to get me up and back to the raft.

Some of the kids were jumping into the water but didn't stay in but a couple of seconds since the water was 47 degrees.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Ronald J. Smith Interiors, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Veteran Interior Designer Serving Clients in Upper Marlboro