Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, August 31, 2012

Posted by luckygardnr (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 31, 12 at 0:41

This recipe sounds good, but I'm not sure that any chops, no matter how thick, should be baked that long. I think I'd do it for a much shorter time, maybe forget the hour before adding the sauce, and just go with the half hour. What do you all think?

Baked Pork Chops

Original Recipe Yield 6 servings
Ingredients

6 pork chops
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup white wine

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Rinse pork chops, pat dry, and season with garlic powder and seasoning salt to taste. Place the beaten eggs in a small bowl. Dredge the pork chops lightly in flour, dip in the egg, and coat liberally with bread crumbs.

Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the pork chops 5 minutes per side, or until the breading appears well browned. Transfer the chops to a 9x13 inch baking dish, and cover with foil.

Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. While baking, combine the cream of mushroom soup, milk and white wine in a medium bowl. After the pork chops have baked for an hour, cover them with the soup mixture. Replace foil, and bake for another 30 minutes.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, August 31, 2012

I love apple cake. Do you think a little cinnamon would enhance this recipe or not?

CARAMEL APPLE CAKE (Paula Deen recipe from The Charm of Home)

2 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 1/2 cups diced apples, canned or fresh

Preheat oven 350 degrees. Cream together sugar, eggs, and oil. Add flour; mix together until well blended. Add vanilla, nuts, and diced apples. Spread into a lightly greased and floured
13 x 9-inch baking dish; bake for 45 to 60 minutes. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. When cake is done, punch holes in it with a knife and pour topping over.

Caramel Topping: (I cut all of this recipe in half, it was just way too much butter and sugar.) This is the cut in half version.

1 1/2 stick of butter
1 cup of brown sugar
1/8 cup of milk

Heat all ingredients together over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Let boil for about 2 minutes. Pour over warm cake. Serves 15-20

o

A little cinnamon would be wonderful, almost like a spiced apple cake.

o

Layered salad
2 cups mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 head romaine or iceberg lettuce, chopped
2 red bell peppers, finely chopped
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 (9-ounce) package frozen corn, thawed and drained
3 ribs celery, finely chopped
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 (3-ounce) container real bacon bits

1.In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and garlic powder; mix well.

2.In a large glass bowl, layer half the lettuce then half the bell pepper, onion, corn, celery, mayonnaise mixture, and cheese. Repeat layers once more then top with bacon bits.

3.Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here