1 large eggplant
2 cups milk
1/2 cup flour
3-5 Tb. olive oil
3 Tb. honey
2 Tb. fresh thyme leaves
Sea Salt

Instructions

Peel the eggplant and slice it into thin 1/8 inch rounds.

Place the eggplant slices in an airtight container and pour the milk over it. Cover and refrigerate over night.

In a small pie pan, mix the flour with 1 tsp. salt. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Line a plate with paper towels.

When the oil is hot, dredge a few slices of eggplant in the flour and tap off the excess. Gently place them in the skillet and pan fry for 2 minutes per side. Remove and place on the plate to drain.

Repeat with the rest of the eggplant, adding oil to the skillet as needed. Sprinkle the slices with a little more sea salt as they come out of the skillet.

Serve warm, drizzled with honey and sprinkled with thyme.

Preparation time: 20 minute(s) active time

Cooking time: 12 minute(s)

Number of servings (yield): 4

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, August 11, 2012

Quick and Easy Weeknight Paella (Better Homes & Gardens)

This is easily made for a weeknight meal, using a rotisserie chicken and packaged rice and vermicelli mix.

2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
1 package chicken-and-garlic rice and vermicelli mix (5.9 ounces)
1 cup frozen bell pepper and onion stir-fry (from 1-pound bag)
1 3/4 cups chicken broth
3/4 cup water
1 dried bay leaf
1/2 poundfully cooked chorizo sausage, cut into bite-size pieces
1/2 cup frozen baby sweet peas
1 deli rotisserie chicken (2 to 2 1/2 pound), cut into 6 serving pieces
1 cupcooked deveined peeled medium shrimp, thawed if frozen, tail shells removed

1. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add rice mix and stir-fry vegetables; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until rice mix begins to brown.
2. Stir in broth, water, bay leaf and seasoning packet from rice mix. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 5 minutes.
3. Stir in sausage and peas. Add chicken pieces. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 10 minutes. Stir in shrimp. Cover; cook about 5 minutes or until shrimp and chicken are thoroughly heated. Remove bay leaf before serving.

tip:
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Increase water to 1 1/4 cups. In step 3, cover and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in shrimp. Cover and cook about 13 minutes.

o
RE: I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, August 11, 2012

Chicken Burrito Soup

7 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
1 (16-ounce) jar salsa
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into �-inch chunks
1/2 cup sliced black olives
4 (6-inch) flour tortillas, cut into 1/4-x 3-inch strips
1/2 cup (2 ounces) finely shredded Cheddar cheese
Instructions

In a soup pot, bring chicken broth, water, and salsa to a boil over high heat.

Add chicken and cook 4 to 6 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken.

Stir in olives and tortilla strips and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.

Sprinkle each portion with cheese just before serving.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here