Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! Please! I need to remove front panel of washing machine

Posted by caroline (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 18, 08 at 0:07

My top loading, Kenmore Elite Whirlpool washer is leaking. It's about five years old. I'm not sure of the model name and all the paperwork is still packed away.

Do you know how I remove the front panel? The washer developed a serious leak this evening. Water is running out from under the washer, near the front. It is not leaking from the hoses that fill the washer, nor from the big hose that drains the water out.

Any help you can offer will be so appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! Please! I need to remove front panel of washing machi

do not remove...tip the machine back on to a chair or something to get a look under...it could be something as simple as a hose clamp has loosened off

o

Do a google
leaking Whirlpool washer
a lot of sites come up

o

I would say that you should NEVER tip a washing machine unless the owner's manual says it is safe to do so. Why? Because on many models, tipping it causes it to leak oil, and once it has started it will never stop. That's why when we bought our new washing machine I made sure that the front panel is removable for servicing.

Caroline, you can look up the owner's manual online. Look at your machine -- lift the lid and read the stuff that's on the inside of it. There has got to be a clue as to the model name or number. At the very least, take a good look at it, and you will recognize it on the Kenmore Elite Whirlpool web site - then check the manual.

o

Usually - if you look in the seam of the top of the front panel and the lip of the top of the machine, there are two clips there. Slide something long and thin in there, like a putty knife - you'll have to push a little hard. Be careful not to scrap the finish on the panel though.

Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here