Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
well, that was fun--not!

Posted by azzalea (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 30, 12 at 21:58

About an hour ago, just when I'd gotten a new half-gallon of ice cream out of the freezer...

DH popped into the kitchen. "What's wrong with your car?" ???? I don't know--you drove it last, what's wrong with it? (I didn't say that, of course.

"The dome light is on, and the door open light on the dash is on". So outside I trotted--checked all the doors to see if they were shut--they were--lights were still on. Then I checked all the little button switches, they all seemed okay. Then I started the car and turned it off. Went through the whole process a few more times--hoping something would change. Checked the manual--no help there. Drove around the block... I did, at some point turn off the dome light.

Then I spent a while on Google, reading suggestions about disabling fuses, etc (wasn't about to do that!). Finally read someone else having the same problem, and someone else insisting the back window was open. AHH! Dug through the manual again (I never open that--had to see how to operate it--LOL!). Yep! That was it. DH has been using the real key, not the beeper to open the doors, and that can open the back window.

So, did I miss the men's gymnastics? My half gallon of ice cream was all melted by the time I finally figured out the problem. Oh, well, didn't cost me a repair bill, so guess I'm still coming out ahead

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: well, that was fun--not!

Oh no! ... for the ice cream that is :]

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here