SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kittiemom

"Angel Gowns"

kittiemom
9 years ago

I was reading a blog and the author said that she decided, after 16 yrs of marriage, to give away her wedding dress. She gave it to an organization that cuts up the dresses and makes "angel gowns" and wraps for preemies and babies who die. I looked it up; there are a couple of these organizations. The founder of one of them is the wife of a neonatologist who says that often parents don't have anything to bury their preemie in since they are too small to fit in regular baby clothes. They have volunteers who are seamstresses.

My wedding dress has been stored at my parents' house since we got married nearly 20 yrs ago. I've been able to put off the "what to do with the dress" decision. With my mom gone and my dad in assisted living, we're selling the house. I'm now confronted with the reality that I can no longer store my dress there. It's either take it home and carve out a place there to store it or figure out something else to do with it.

I am thinking really hard sending my dress to them. What a wonderful thing these people are doing! I never knew that such a thing was an option.

This post was edited by kittiemom on Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 19:51

Comments (9)