Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
MRI shows an 80-99% rotator cuff tear

Posted by sleeperblues (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 6, 12 at 21:23

Weird thing is, I don't have pain anymore. I fell back in October and was in a lot of pain for months. I had to take an Advil PM to sleep. But the pain is virtually gone, and my range of motion is almost normal. I am being referred to a surgeon, and I know surgery will be recommended. I know shoulder surgery is very painful, especially the rehab and want to avoid it if at all possible. Have you had this surgery, and what is your experience?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: MRI shows an 80-99% rotator cuff tear

99%? What is holding your arm on? Seriously, it sounds awful, but if you have already nearly recovered, why have surgery now? Just curious. I hope you have a full recovery.

o

DH tore his rotator cuff also. Our family practice doctor recommended physical therapy, but also sent him for a 2nd opinion. That surgeon was dubious about the physical therapy, but that was what we ended up doing.

It took several months, but DH would have had to do physical therapy after the surgery anyway. He now has 90% range of motion in that arm, which is more than the surgeon was promising.

o

I've just finished my 3rd pt therapy, and hoping it will work without surgery. Three more to go before cruising, and they tell me, when I get back, it will be like starting all over again :o(

Good luck to you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here