Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me find a pin.

Posted by mare_wbpa (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 25, 12 at 20:40

I made a snuggie about a year and a half ago. I actually made 2, I gave 1 to my niece. The problem is with mine. I've used it on a number of times without problem, but my niece claims that she has been stuck by a pin a couple of times when she covers herself with it. I have gone over it carefully several times, checked every inch of seams and hems, everywhere I used pins, even checked all the fabric with a flashlite. I can't find anything. If anyone has an idea as to what else I can do to find the offender I'd be very grateful.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me find a pin.

Just an idea...Maybe try and run a magnet over it?

o

Did you by chance use clear nylon thread to sew it? If so, that could be what's poking her.

o

I second the magnet idea.

o

Oh my, I made a blanket for my "practice grand daughter", and her mom, found a pin in it a year later.

I felt so bad.... but luckily Sophia never got hurt by it.

Moni

o

Instead of checking it flat, try scrunching up a small section at a time and squeezing gently. The pin may poke out.

o

I do wonder about using nylon thread. The ends of that thread poke me like a pin, so I don't buy anything made with it.

o

No nylon thread. I tried the scrunching thing. I'll try the magnet but some of my pins must be aluminum, not all of them can be picked up by a magnet. I'll try it anyway, some of them are magnetic. I'm ready to try anything. Thanks for the ideas friends,

o

When all else fails.

Photobucket

Sue

o

The other day I told to my niece that we need a metal detector. She said, "Well, get it out!!", like I had one in the closet.

o

If you happen to have a good pocket type compass lay the fabric out flat then lay the compass on the fabric and slowly move it from side to side and if the compass passes a steel pin the needle will spin pointing to the pin.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here