SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wanda_va

Remember the 'Bidet' post???

wanda_va
15 years ago

Another stroll down Memory Lane. Dottie was a lot of fun!

Let's Get Some Class In This Joint ....

Posted by Dottie-IN (dottielou2000@aol.com) on Tue, Mar 28, 00 at 18:48

To quote Shakespeare .. Bidet or not bidet, that is the question. Now here's mine. Have you ever used one? How do you use them .. stand over them or sit down on them? Do you have a toilet also or is everything done in the bidet? If they're not together, then do you have to walk to get to it? If so, you'd have to use toilet paper to get over there so what would be the sense of it? Doesn't it hurt when the water hits you? Just curious ...

Dottie - IN

I know but I won't tell her...

RE: Let's Get Some Class In This Joint ....

Posted by: JoyFL (thornton@okeechobee.com) on Tue, Mar 28, 00 at 18:53

Dottie I have one but must admit I have never used it for

the purpose intended. It is right next to the toilet. I

fill it up when I want to mop the bathroom floor. No, you

can't put toilet paper in it as it is like a sink. Guess

I just ain't got no class. LOL. By the way, it was here

when we moved in. I would never go to the expense of putting one in.

Posted by: Linda CA (Applecat@webtv.net) on Tue, Mar 28, 00 at 20:41

There was one in a hotel we stayed in in Paris. Being 20 something at the time we just started giggling when we saw it.

Posted by: BarbPA (barb@erie.net) on Tue, Mar 28, 00 at 21:02

Well, I wish someone knew. If my arms and shoulders get much worse, I'm going to have to have one. I know they have ones that fit into the toilet, but that's about as far as my research has gone. Oh my, what a subject!

Posted by: Debby-NY (lawrencetrans1@hvi.net) on Tue, Mar 28, 00 at 22:02

I put one in when I expanded the house 5 years ago. Won't hit menopause for another ten years based on my mother's and grandmother's ages when they did. Use it twice a day during my monthly. It's a sink for your privates. The tub and sinks are in the main part of the bath, toilet and bidet in a little stall off of it. The other thing is that I shower, wash hair at night, always have. So if I then go to bed and DH wants to get frisky, I just use bidet to wash, don't take whole 'nother shower.

Posted by: Marty in Ga (mfr11@hotmail.com) on Tue, Mar 28, 00 at 22:13

Dottie,Thanks for asking this. I have always wondered myself. Maybe Debby answered for us.

Marty..

Posted by: Dottie-IN (dottielou2000@aol.com) on Tue, Mar 28, 00 at 23:19

Hey, Debby... if it's a sink, how do you get your private parts up there high enough for that? Do you have to have really long legs or what? Or is it a low sink? Do you stand over it or sit on it?

Dottie - IN

Posted by: Tahni (TahniLynn@hotmail.com) on Tue, Mar 28, 00 at 23:22

LOL Dottie.. dunno.. how did you come up with this one ? Uhhhh.. nevermind !

You crack me up !

Tahni

Posted by: Nola in Australia (nobill@kewl.com.au) on Tue, Mar 28, 00 at 23:26

Geesh I thought it was to wash your undies in.LOL

We had them in the hotel when we went to Paris,

but didn't use it,being that we have been married

48years I didn't have Debby's problem.LSHMBH. Nola

RE: Let's Get Some Class In This Joint ....!

Posted by: Dottie-IN (dottielou2000@aol.com) on Tue, Mar 28, 00 at 23:37

Well if you guys aren't going to be more explicit, then don't complain the next time you walk into WalMart and see me straddling the sink. I won't know if it's a sink or a bidet. If a bidet is a sink, then what are those things that look like odd shaped toilets with no lids on them?

Dottie - IN

Posted by: Cheryl Vic Aus (chedaw@hotmail.com) on Tue, Mar 28, 00 at 23:50

What happens about getting dry?? Does warm air blow up or something??

Posted by: Kathy N - MO (kvnovak@aol.com) on Tue, Mar 28, 00 at 23:54

I am ROTFLMAO.....and that is "LAUGHING" My A** Off, Dottie, NOT Washing it off! You are just too funny!

Posted by: BETTE (betteh@netusa1.net) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 0:23

Yow, how do they get dry? Drip dry?

Posted by: Maggie - CA (tutu67@webtv.net) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 0:30

I understand that Europeans think we are uncivilized because we don't use them. Well it is obvious that we do use them, like for mopping the floor. LOL Now That, is civilized. right?

Posted by: Kikki from Sweden (vcc11.holmertz@memo.volvo.se) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 1:41

Europe speaking!

I have never used a bidet. My parents house didn't have one and now they have sort of gone out of fashion.

Mopping the floor sounds like a good use for them. ;)

Posted by: Cricket (Cricket4957@yahoo.com) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 1:51

It is 1:00 in the morning and I am sitting laughing my @$$ off and my DH is wondering what in the heck is going on!!! I loved the one about using it to mop the floor. You guys crack me up.

Posted by: koda_al (koda@pinebelt.net) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 7:13

You gals are cracking me up !!!!!!!!

So much for my creativity...

Posted by: JoyFL (thornton@okeechobee.com) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 8:11

Actually when we first moved in I had a couple of

Martha moments. First I put some silk geraniums in it.

DH gave me one of those looks and rolled his eyes. Next

I put some magazines in it. Again, the look. Personally,

I thought the last idea had merit.

Posted by: Patty (ruby@westco.net) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 8:20

I never thought about the drying.My sister said with that water pressure who needs a man.She used one while vacationing.Never had a want or need for one.They are the same height as toilets.

RE: Let's Get Some Class In This Joint ......

Posted by: Dottie-IN (dottielou2000@aol.com) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 9:34

Joy - do you have a picture of yours so we can compare them? That don't look like a sink to me!! Whatta ya do? Put your dirty dishes and Dawn in it and flush it? Presto!

I want one. How much do they cost? Will Medicare pay for one? I don't understand why they're out of style in France now. I'd almost give my right arm for one ... but then if I had one I wouldn't need my right arm, would I? (Grinning with white, clacky teeth showing)

Dottie - IN

Posted by: Lianne-NJ (lecook@att.com) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 9:37

Oh, this is too funny! I always wondered how you dried off....

Don't have a picture...

Posted by: JoyFL (thornton@okeechobee.com) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 9:39

Actually it is shaped like a urinal but same height as

toilet. Doesn't flush, has a plug and faucets like a

sink. Also has a little thing that sprays water up. Gee,

now I'm getting excited, might go try the thing after all.

Posted by: little bug in no MO (kjjw@lyn.net) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 9:46

hahahahahahahaha!!!

I have a question too about water pressure? Where does the water come from? Do you sit down then push a button (like a water fountain) and water sprays up?? Isn't it COLD? Can you adjust the temperature or the pressure? How about the direction of the flow?

Are we all going to go to Disney? (I wonder if they have bidets there?)

Posted by: JoyFL (thornton@okeechobee.com) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 9:49

Yes it has hot and cold faucets. The spray comes from a

little thingy in the bottom. Or you can plug it up, fill

it and just sit there.

Posted by: RuthieG--MA (n5rjm@arrl.net) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 9:53

Just never had the nerve to try one but after these discriptions, maybe I've been missing out. LOL..

Posted by: KathyLev-WI (Lvdski@execpc.com) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 9:58

You know--I always wanted to ask this..but was afraid I'd sound "sleeeeeezy"........Now we are ALL SLEEZY !! LOL...No wonder I love you guys! LOL...I can't imagine how to use one.I have always wondered.I picture someone finished with the "TWOILETTE"..pants around their ankles..shuffling over to the bidet...sitting down and having an ice cold geyser shoot up their butt....trying to dry off with T-Paper that falls apart in wads..then looking for a place to stash 300 yards of used t-paper.Am I close ????

Posted by: Lynn in TX (lcage@tucker.com) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 11:57

Quit it KathyLev-WI, I'm dyin' HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

RE: Let's Get Some Class In This Joint ....??

Posted by: Dottie-IN (dottielou2000@aol.com) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 12:38

Joy, just one more question. If you have to turn the water on to the right temp, then do you do that before or after you sit on it. Looks to me like either way you're doomed. If you turn it on before, won't it spurt out across the room and if you turn it on after, you might get scalded or something. Will you PLEASE take a pad of paper and a pen in there and just use the thing and keep a journal on what happens for us? KT wants to know....

Posted by: Betty FL (bettymacneill@yahoo.com) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 12:41

I just blew pieces of my lunch all over my computer screen at work! You people! Will have to check these things out in Europe this summer, if they still have them. Betty

Posted by: Kris/Mid-South (emd99usa@netscape.net) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 12:53

ROTFLMBO!!!!!

Posted by: Laura (GenBear@webtv.net) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 13:47

Oh help me! I can't breathe. You guys crack me up. I am choking up my coke. There are tears running down my face. OK, I am better.... I think that I want to check one of these things out. Where do we go for a test drive? Let's all pitch in and get a fancy hotel room that has one. Can't you just see it---a line of KTers waiting to get to the bidet? Hahahahaha.

Posted by: Debby-NY (lawrencetrans1@hvi.net) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 14:00

Well I could invite you all to my house to try it out. There's a dial that controls whether and how much it shoots up. It has hot and cold faucets. While I'm on the terlet (a la Archie Bunker) I let the hot water run until it gets there, then I take one step because it's right next to it, I use it and then grab the towel that's hanging up on that wall. Voila.

Funny thing. A friend came to pick up her daughter after a playdate with mine, the kid comes in and says Mom I used a bidet. Friend says I've never even used one and she has. Offered her a chance but she declined. She looked so wistful on hearing her daughter had had this experience that she's never had.

Posted by: Mother Goose (MotherGoose@barnyard.com) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 14:27

This water's too hot!

This water's too cold!

This water's just right and I

Went wee, wee, wee all the way home...

Mother Goose - The Farm

Posted by: Lu Lu (springgarden_ca@yahoo.ca) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 14:43

I can't believe I missed this post yesterday LOL! Thanks Dottie for getting this going I really had a good laugh. All the questions I've ever had on bidets have been answered right here:)

. RE: Let's Get Some Class In This Joint ....

Posted by: luckeyme - Oh (luckeyme_2000@yahoo.com) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 14:52

LOL....Being the entreprenuer thinking peep I am????, I was just wondering how it might go over to start a franchise ....call the business...ummmm, how about "Bidet Boutique"...kind of like those port-a-potty businesses, only these would be pink/lavendar trim, drop dead gorgeous inside and out...be fitted with the most beautiful rose colored "terlet" and bidet money can buy....expensive cologne scented towellettes, and all for the measley sum $1.00 a shot...or whatever you want to call it. :)

Posted by: Jan in Md (autumnseason@yahoo.com) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 15:01

Well I am glad somebody asked this question. I was always wondering about it since I saw the movie Crocodile Dundee. He thought it was a boot washer.

Posted by: shannon-Ks (byteme_sc@hotmail.com) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 16:24

I saw one on a show about inventions of the future. I think it was in Japan they had developed one that had a remote for it. You could control the temp, pressure and direction of the water. It then had an air dry system. The hi-tech bathrooms they showed also had one in a business that came with a remote for a TV. If you sat in there for more than 20 minutes an alarm went off.LOL They had a urinal that was nothing but two glass walls that met and the man did his busniess in the corner overlooking a beautiful garden. When he stepped away it automatically 'flushed' itself by having water wash over the window.

Now I don't know about everyone elses DH, but with all the sports on TV I don't see him much. If we were to get a TV with remote in the bathroom I am afraid we would never see him again.LOL

Posted by: Angel (chacha53@yahoo.com) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 17:10

This just too funny....ROTFLMAO.......

but thank you Dottie for asking all the questions I never

had the nerve to.

Posted by: Verna-CA (ladyb@jps.net) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 18:31

We lived in an apartment in Belgium that had one. It was in the bathroom with the tub, shower and sink. The toilet was down the hall in a room that just had the commode. My American neighbor had goldfish in her bidet! One time I told my friend's kids it was where I washed DH socks. I never used it for the purpose intended.

Posted by: DianaMo (grape3211@aol.com) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 18:45

Dottie, You got me ROFLMBO!!!!!! HOW do you come up with these things???? LOL!!!!! When you wrote that you were grinning with 'white clacky teeth showing'......I about fell over in my chair laughing!!!! You are TOO MUCH!!!!!

I think this thread should be on the KT keeper!!! What do ya think, girls??? Should we ask Tahni to put it there for us????

Diana(Mo)

Posted by: Lee Anna IN (theatwells@earthlink.net) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 18:49

I think it would be neat to leave it running - maybe put some rocks in it. Then you would have your own fountain in the bathroom. Very relaxing!

Lee Anna

Posted by: donna-OH (dausons3@webtv.net) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 21:11

I haven't laughed so hard for a long time!!!! Wonder if our Ralph read all this---LOL---Sounds like a lot of extra work to me!!! Can ya put some bubbles in this thing so ya smell good too? Ummm bubbles all over the bathroom---Donna (^_^)

Posted by: CarlaD-NY (cdior@usa.net) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 21:16

Dottie, you sure are a pip! I'm cracking up laughing at these posts! I've never been quite sure what the scoop was on a bidet but thanks to Debby, I think I got the gist of it now.

Posted by: liz-ga (liz@baxnet.net) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 21:25

Dottie..thanks..this is the most laughs I've had in ages..

Posted by: Tyson in CA (racer311@webtv.net) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 22:55

I don't think the water would hurt unless it was a pressure washer.

RE: Let's Get Some Class In This Joint ....!!!

Posted by: Dotttie-IN (dottielou2000@aol.com) on Wed, Mar 29, 00 at 23:33

But you have to have enough pressure to ... how shall we put this and be delicate?...let's see ... wash the morning dew from the leaves? It's the water temperature that bothers me. What if somebody took a bath and used all of the hot water? I mean, if your hemorrhoids get a blast of cold water, they're going to run back inside and hide behind your ovaries to get warmed up. That could be painful.

Dottie-IN

Posted by: Dena-KS (alltized@hotmail.com) on Thu, Mar 30, 00 at 13:23

Love this place! There's always something to laugh about!

Thanks Dottie!!!

Posted by: Wanda-VA (wedwards@shentel.net) on Thu, Mar 30, 00 at 16:08

This has to be the funniest post ever. Thanx for the education...I had no class before now. Still have some questions but I'm sure they'll get answered before this post dies.

This should be on the KT Keeper...please, Tahni.

Posted by: Murphy IN (murphy72@comnetcom.net) on Fri, Mar 31, 00 at 1:21

OH OH OH!!!!! Well, you guys have done it again. I'll never be able to look at a bidet without thinking of you. Dottie, Too funny!!! ROTF!

Posted by: Polly Ann - GA (pollyanndawgs@yahoo.com) on Fri, Mar 31, 00 at 2:38

LOL --- Y'all are killing me - I'm laughing myself to death!! Being Soooooo innocent & a proper lady, (yeah, sure!), I skipped over this post at first........But with over 40 replies, I just got curious and had to peek in here! Good thing I did--------- I was so naive I thought you STOOD & waited for your water rush.....didn't look too fun, but now I dunno---could be pretty cool!!!! (or HOT, depending on how you have your faucets turned, eh, Dottie?????) I like Lee Anna's idea.....Ah, how relaxng!!! :o) ROTF!!!!

Posted by: LesleeOH (rmrlcr@stratos.net) on Fri, Mar 31, 00 at 7:01

ROFL!!! I was doing ok til I got to the post about using the towel next to it! EEWWWWWW... I hope you meant paper towels~~~ orrrrrr...ummmm...well....does everybody use the same towel to pat dry or what? I was waiting for someone else to ask...but ~~snort snicker giggle~~ I figured...Hey! Now's the time! One never knows when one might encounter one of these strange combination bathfountain/magazineflowerpots in a neighbor's home!!! AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAAHA

;-)))

Comments (6)