SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
glenda_al

Let's Get to Know Eachother

glenda_al
13 years ago

We have been doing this over the past and good to update ourselves when we have lots of newcombers, from time to time.

Can we, all that want to join in, please share about yourselves, old and new KT'ers.

---------------------------------

Glenda from AL

Been privileged to be a KT member for at least 10 years or more

Retired educator, YEA

Love traveling and expecially cruising

Had a wonderful son and grandson

Love to cook, majored in foods, and share favorite recipes

Have a great sniffer, cause I can tell when there is peanut butter around :o)

NEXT PLEASE

Comments (150)

• glenda_al
    Original Author
    13 years ago

SO many new faces and names, hope everyone joins in and contributes to this thread

PLEASE

• williamsburgjane
    13 years ago

Hey! Wait for me! I am Jane, born and raised in Williamsburg, VA. married to my hubby Dale for 27 years, have 2 grown daughters, 1 sil, 1 grandson, 1 granddaughter, 1 great grandson (almost 8 yrs old) and a soon to be grandson in law. Our only baby at home is Rufus a Lapsa who thinks he owns us and the house!

• Related Discussions

Speaking of being new, where are you all from?

Q

Comments (44)
    Yoo hoo golddust ~ Welcome to the other side LOL. I'm Nora from mid New York State. I've been married for 20 years and we have a 26 yo DS. DH and I got together when Eli was a little over 4 years old and we married when he was six. There is definitely truth in nurture vs. nature because they are like two peas in a pod ;o) We live on 7 idyllic acres in a small hamlet in southern Dutchess County with our pug, Tootie, and kitties Bitsy and Bundles. DS and his GF live in a cottage on our property, which is a blessing. We love to renovate anything that isn't nailed down and it seems that we're in a constant state of flux (no pun intended considering your metier). We also love to garden, which we do with fervor, though not always with as much success as we'd like. The earth tells us what it needs and most of the time we pay attention. But when we don't we learn early on that we should have listened to Mother Nature. Welcome!!
    ...See More

Let's get to know eachother!!

Q

Comments (17)
    I agree with you michael. I hate posing for pictures too. It is nice to see a few more posts on this topic. I spend all day working on computers that i don't always want to be near one when i get home. Anyway, I am a male, and i love my powertools. My favorite has got to be the recipricating saw. That is why the first part of my name, the second part came from my youngest daughter. Someone asked her where i worked and without missing a beat told them i was the computer geek for the schools. She wants to be one too when she gets older. I already have both of them trained for running all the wires and cables for my house. The are still young enough to not realize that this is really work. lol. Well hope you all had a great day!! Mike
    ...See More

Paw paw gals

Q

Comments (12)
    Where, oh where is dear little Danny? Where, oh where is dear little Danny? Where, oh where is dear little Danny? Way down yonder in the paw-paw patch. Come on girls, let's go find him, Come on girls, let's go find him, Come on girls, let's go find him, Way down yonder in the paw-paw patch. Pickin' up paw-paws, put 'em in your pockets, Pickin' up paw-paws, put 'em in your pockets, Pickin' up paw-paws, put 'em in your pockets, Way down yonder in the paw-patch. Where, oh where is dear old Nellie? Where, oh where is dear old Nellie? Where, oh where is dear old Nellie? Way down yonder in the paw-paw patch. Come on boys, let's go find her, Come on boys, let's go find her, Come on boys, let's go find her, Way down yonder in the paw-paw patch. Pickin' up paw-paws, put 'em in your pockets, Pickin' up paw-paws, put 'em in your pockets, Pickin' up paw-paws, put 'em in your pockets, Way down yonder in the paw-patch. Where, oh where is dear little Jimmy? Where, oh where is dear little Jimmy? Where, oh where is dear little Jimmy? Way down yonder in the paw-paw patch. Come on girls, let's go find him, Come on girls, let's go find him, Come on girls, let's go find him, Way down yonder in the paw-paw patch. Pickin' up paw-paws, put 'em in your pockets, Pickin' up paw-paws, put 'em in your pockets, Pickin' up paw-paws, put 'em in your pockets, Way down yonder in the paw-patch.
    ...See More

Those on the Let's Get to Know Eachother thread

Q

Comments (32)
    Here is the list thru 121 in alpha ordeer. I didn't edit it just sorted it it might be easier to check to see if you are on it. Hope it helps abby221 aggiewife alis ande angelwingsma april_flower arosegirl aunt_audrey bengardening bigack bobbie56 bulldinkie bunnylover cardamom caroleena caroline 9. cathyid cheekybones cherryfizz cheryl_down_under cheryl_ok chessey24 clairdo2 5. cmama country_bumpkin_al country_sunshine czech_chick darrah des_arc_ya_ya 8. donna37 6. donnakt donner foggyj georgysmom ghoghunter 1. glenda_al good36 hellion hgl_gaylemarie hostapasta indylisa itsmesuzq jackie643 janie_ga janniel jasdip jkayd_il5 7. joann_fla jodi_in_so_calif juellie1962 kathi_mdgd kathsgrdn 4. kayjones kim_okla lauriemi lavon46 leann2800 lilliepad lily316 lily316 linda_in_iowa lindaohnowga lindyluwho littlebit liz_ga lowspark lydia1959 maire_cate malexia margad marilyn_c marilyn_sue mary52 mboston millburn_nj_po_mom minnie tx monica_pa 2. murraysmom mush nan_nc nanacherie nanatricia nanny98 naturenut5 nicole__ nita_az nola_anne nola_in_aus oklamoni orie pammiesue patti43 phyllis__mn ratherbegardening redcurls ronf ronm80 rosebudms sandiefl sheilajoyce shell89 sherrmann sleeperblues socks12345 springer_mom sue_il sue_va sue_va susie53 terilyn trisha57_ny trishaw two.25acres vala55 vannie vickey__mn 3. vicki7 vicki7 williamsburgjane woodsy1 woodsy1 yayagal
    ...See More
  • angelwingsma
    13 years ago

I'm Deborah from Massachusetts, aka Dee Dee & Deb.I'm 56 years old and have lived here all my life.I work full time. I have two adult children, a Son,DD and a SIL. No grandchildren yet. I have two parrots and a cat for pets that keep me entertained. Have had a few horses in the past. My interests are family,travel,music, reading, crochet, volunteering(when I have time),gardening, cooking, baking & horseback riding just to name a few. I love the Cape and the mountains in NH. I feel very fortunate to live here and being so close to both.I have been a member here since 2005 but have mostly lurked.

• sue_il
    13 years ago

Okay, I'll step out of the shadows too!
    My name is Sue (in case you couldn't tell) and I have been lurking and occasionally posting here since at least 2000-back in the days of Spike, paid memberships and Disney.
    I am 47 and widowed since last year, it has been a hard year but seeing the posts on the KT help to boost me up.
    I have 2 children- a 21 year old daughter and a 17 year old son. My DD is living her dream in Michigan working with a German Shepherd breeder and DS is home with me. We have a loving puggle named Toby and 3 cats that are my DD's but I guess I have inherited them.
    I work full time as an accountant, and ironically I hate gardening! I envy all of you with green thumbs and love to see the beautiful things you grow!

Now that I have been "outed" I will join in more conversations.

• margad
    13 years ago

I live in Connecticut with my daughter who travels a lot. She works for a hotel company. I also have three sons and 6 grandchildren. I was widowed seven years ago. We had been married over 50 years.

• juellie1962
    13 years ago

I'm Julie; was here in the '90's, but life got busy and I just came back in April. Have been married 29 years and have a 27 dd and a 25 year old ds. 4 month old ggd too! :) I do clerical work....zzzzzz.....and long to go back to school. Just don't know what I want to be when I grow up!!!

• mboston_gw
    13 years ago

Hi, I'm Mary from Florida. I'm 59 and just celebrated my 40th wedding anniversay Sunday. DH and I have one son, who is 30 and married. We have one adorable grandson, Asher James, who I get to keep 1 or 2 days a week. I am a retired kindergarten teacher, also an avid butterfly gardener. Last year I got really involved with hummingbirds that came to visit for the winter. Actually had two banders come to band and found out that I had three species in my yard, uncommon for this area.

I have been around GW for many years, started out at the Butterfly and Florida Gardening Forums. Came over to the Home side when we got our two Minilabradoodle puppies 4 years ago and needed help from the Pet Forum. Then visited Decorating Forums and such when we redid our house last year. Found this one by mistake but I enjoy the variety of topics discussed here.

• Lily316
    13 years ago

That's how I found this place. I first came to the kitchen forum when I was doing a remodel. Then it was to the pond forum when I was having koi problems. Kitchen has been long done, I still go back to the pond place if a problem arises. People are always a big help when you need them and I found a life long friend on the kitchen forum who I email every day.

• wifetojoeiii
    13 years ago

Hi - I'm Karen - age 48, married for 11 years to a wonderful DH who does all the cooking and grocery shopping... 2 DDs age 26 and age 20, 2 D steps - a DD age 35, yearning to be married if her live in would ask...(cannot get into what should happen as I am the step mom) and a DS, married with three dear step grands. We have 2 dog babies - Molly - age 7, and Tessa still a puppy, both rescued lab mixes. I work FT, garden when I can - we live in Western NY. Life is real busy and I love to check in when I can.

• trisha57_ny
    13 years ago

LAST but not LEAST - (I figured it was my turn next)

Been a KT member for at least 15 years (this is amazing to me)
    Grew up in Da Bronx
    Retired NYC Police Officer
    Married to a Kerry Man for 21 years (he's a retired homebuilder). He still believes in me.
    Own a Bed & Breakfast now. If anyone told me 10 years ago that I would be an Innkeeper, I would have told them....well you know what I would have told them.
    We are here in this B&B cause this is where we are supposed to be at this time in our lives. there is no question about that. I just tell people "it's a God thing". cause I don't want to go into the explanation.

I'm so glad to still be here and see all you guys still here -- you've helped me through so much. I don't think most of you realize how much you help people. If I can help ONE person here with whatever they are dealing with, then I feel good.

• glenda_al
    Original Author
    13 years ago

• User
    13 years ago

Thanks Glenda, I'll put the new one in.

• User
    13 years ago

I never even saw the people in the window! It was a fuzzy picture I had, Thanks for the new one....much better.

• lavon46
    13 years ago

Love the picture, that is SO cute, wish my picture was in there, looks like a great bunch of ladies !

• User
    13 years ago

We have over 100 people who have posted already, is there any more new ones? This list will continue going at the KT gathering place.(the Kitchen Table page)

Here is a link that might be useful: getting to know each other

• glenda_al
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The picture was taken at Sandy's IA get-together.

It was the first of two she had.

• ghoghunter
    13 years ago

Hi! I am Joann from Levittown PA. I am 64 and a school nurse. I am married to my DH for 22 years now..hardly seems possible. I have a DD and DS and 2 Grandchildren and DH has a DD and DS and 8 Grandchildren. I love gardening, cooking, genealogy and reading. I am mostly a lurker on this forum but post more often on the gardening and cooking forums. I love this thread and meeting so many nice new friends!

• chessey24
    13 years ago

I tend to post in spurts. I live in Maryland and have been married to my DH for 43 yrs. Have two children and 2 grandchildren. Life is good

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

I just copied all the names in a long list. Do you think it is ok if I post them on this thread??

I noticed I'm not on the list

I'm Minnie from NE Texas. I've been divorced for a thousand years. Minnie is not my real name but my internet name. I have two sons living one lives in town about 5 miles awy and the other one in Florida theyare both retired AF.
    I've been on KT since we had to pay.

• glenda_al
    Original Author
    13 years ago

minnie, that's a great idea!

Why don't you start your own post, as some may not reread this one, so we can see who enjoys posting at the Let's Get to Know .

And add the link so others that wish might want to post.

Just a suggestion only.

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

Great Idea I just wondered if anyone would complain about a long list
    I'll do it in a bit Thanks for the input

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

I posted but don't see it yet unless I go back and look at my history

• Marcia Thornley
    13 years ago

Hi, I've been here since Oct. 2000! I can't believe that. I found the KT while looking for info on pets. I stumbled across the pet forum and Steph helped me out and mentioned the KT.
    I live in the Niagara Peninsula, near Niagara Falls, ON. Canada. I love gardening, animals and antiques. I've been married 32 years. I have an 9 nine year old Cockapoo.

• Marilyn Sue McClintock
    13 years ago

I thought I had filled out my info once but don't see it on here. I am Sue and have lived in Indiana all my life. My husband and I live in the country on 6 acres with woods around. We have 4 grown children and all live close to us. The 3 girls are married our son isn't. I have several outside cats that just showed up over time. My special girl is my Izzi and she is a little red Pomeranian. She loves riding with me on my golf cart which we call my big rig. I love to read, sew and bake. I find it hard to get things done as my girls keep me busy :) Oh, I was born in 1935.

Sue

• maire_cate
    13 years ago

ghoghunter - Welcome to the KT. I hope now that you've introduced yourself you'll post more often. We enjoy hearing from everyone. And we're nearly neighbors - I'm just across the river from you in New Jersey.

• lindaohnowga
    13 years ago

Hi from Georgia. I'm Linda, aka Linners, formerly from Ohio (screen name: Lindaohnowga) and now a Georgian for the last 8 years. Hubby Ivan and I have been married 40 years, have one daughter, Sandy, 5 grandkids (one boy, 4 girls all adults)and 6 great grandkids,(3 boys, 3 girls) one dog and down to 3 cats. We are retirees. Ivan from the steel mill and me from teaching. I'm a crafter and love making things for our family.I've been at the KT since the doors opened in 1997, coming over from the Crafts and Decorations forum when the opening was announced.

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

I posted a list (in a long row) of everyone who posted here (except for the last few)
    But No one seems to comment on it
    if your name isn't on it and you want it to be please feel free to add it here at this link

Here is a link that might be useful: Those on the Let's Get to Know Eachother thread -

• leann2800
    13 years ago

I am Leann.
    I live in South Georgia and work in a library.
    I just turned 40.
    I have 3 children 17,16,13.
    I am engaed to the most wonderfu l man in the world. We originally planned for a wedding in June 2011 to give us time to plan it. Bbut, we are gettiing into the holiday spirit and have thought of eloping in a chapel in Tennessee over the holidays.
    I was very active on the forum in 2006 but was slowed down when I adopted 2 of my babies. Many of the people here welcomed my children when I adopted them and if you are on this list, thank you.
    I have adjusted to that change at home and am active online again. I missed you folks :)

• User
    13 years ago

At my count we now have 108 posters here, (I may have miss counted) I have a numbered list going.

The next person that posts will be number 109

• kim_okla
    13 years ago

Hello. I'm Kim from Oklahoma, you probably knew that from my user name. I've been on the KT since about 1999. I enjoy saying I'm a spinster because I like that word. I love Rottweilers and I collect flamingos and peacocks. I have a Rottweiler mix from the pound and a small dog that thinks she is a Rottweiler because she's black & tan. This was on vacation a couple of years ago in Carmel.

• sue_va
    13 years ago

I know I have posted on one of these threads, but it may have gone missing.

When I got my first PC, I went looking for gardening help. That is how I found the Garden Party Forum. There was a mention of a new forum starting and I checked it out. There had been a similar forum at HGTV. I don't know what happened there but Spike set up the KT. I didn't remember the date, but Linda Ga says it was 1997, so I'll go with that. I joined immediately, and many from HGTV came and joined also. Been here ever since, through free and pay, thick and thin.

I am widowed and living in a Retirement Community in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. Two adult children; three grands; four great grands. Health not the best, but I try to still make the best of every day. Oh, I'm 86 years old.

Sue

• Nita__AZ
    13 years ago

My name is Nita, I am going to be 65 in a couple of months and I live in SE Arizona about 90 miles SE of Tucson. I have been at the KT since early 1999. I don't remember how I came to find the KT but it was the best day of my life. I have traveled all over the country and have met many of the folks from the KT. A nicer bunch of people you won't find anywhere else.

I am married to Mike for 43 years and we have two children DS who is 41 and living in the Philippines, DD 38 who lives outside of Atlanta. We have 3 grandkids, Two live in Tucson and the other is Bobby who we are raising. He will be 18 in March and has met many of the people from the KT also. We have three cats; Smokey, Bandit and GT (I call him Dusty) and they all travel with us in out 5th Wheel and truck. We love to travel and take my motorcycle trike along so we can go sightseeing.

• lowspark
    13 years ago

My name is May. I live in Houston. Two sons, age 23 & 20, both away at school. I am a market data analyst and I work with petroleum traders. Came to gardenweb in 2003 when I was remodeling my kitchen. Migrated to Cooking forum after it was done. And now I check here too since this seems like such a friendly group!

• aprilflower
    13 years ago

Hiyas!

April here, from South East FL. Just turned 39 (for the first time...) and have been an "official" member here since 2001 but I lurked for a few years before taking the plunge. Divorced, mother of a Wonderful 16 year old son who is the light of my life and the explanation for almost every wrinkle and grey hair on my head, lol. I'm a nurse but recently (January) took a teaching position in administration for the hospital I work for and have not regretted a minute of it. LOVE to cook, when I have the time, but sadly that's not often anymore. Because of my new busier schedule I truly lurk more than I contribute lately, but I can honestly say these gals and guys here feel like family to me :-)

• bengardening
    13 years ago

I am 58 years old and am married to tony for 36 years. We live in SD in a town of 50 people. My husband worked and lived down here for 12 years until I moved down here with my daughter. We ived in Bismarck for over 20 years before that. My husband is a blade driver for the county. I have worked in restaurants all of my life. I work in a small town family owned restaurant 9 miles over. Not my family though. We make homemade soup and specials and pies everyday. I have alwys worked the early morning shift and I love it. I have worked there 10 years now. I worked at Perkins for 17 years before that. We belong to the Catholic Church. I belong to a cfel club and a community club. My husband is a Viet Nam veteran and a member of the American Legion and is a volunteer fire fighter. I love to do crafts and crossstitching and reading. We have 2 children. Our son just got back from Kosovo. He is married and has 3 adopted children. Our daughter is married and lives in Holland MI. Her husband works in a marina and she is taking computer classes and is a stay at home mom. They have 2 girls Abigail is 3 and Allison is 1. We sure miss them and wish they were a lot closer.

• janniel
    13 years ago

My name is Janice and I have been here since 2003. I seldom post but do enjoy reading what others have to say. I'm a widow after 47 years of marriage. I have two daughters and three GD's, even have a female cocker spaniel. I'm fortunate to live next to the Okefenokee Swamp, land of the trembling earth, where so many of God's "critters" live. I sit on my back porch and often times get to watch them as they ramble through. I love to tell stories but can't remember who I told what to. LOL One of my hobbies is collecting china chamber pots. Can you imagine some people just shake their head with digust. LOL I also like to read anything that just strikes my fancy.

• millburn_nj_po_mom
    13 years ago

My name is Sheryl and I live in NJ with my son, dil and 3 wonderful grandchildren (Steven 10, Michael 4, Paige 2). I moved in with them 1 1/2 years after my husband suddenly passed away (we were married almost 32 years). I enjoy flea markets, yard sales and a good book.

I spent 3 years in the Navy (that is how I met my husband). I went to boot camp in Orlando, FL, was stationed in Great Lakes, IL and Groton, CT.

Sheryl

• NanaCherie
    13 years ago

Glenda asked me to post my info on this thread so here goes!!! I'm 56 years old, live in St Peters Missouri and married to the love of my life for 37 yrs...I have 2 children, daughter 40 and son 36, I have 7 wonderful grandchildren ranging from 20 yrs to 2 years. I sing in the choir at church and love to play on my embroidery machine and sew for my grandkids.. I think I have done every kind of craft there is to be done in years past but concentrate on sewing and embroidery now. I have been unemployed for the last 2 years and at this minute I am waiting to hear if I am getting a job working with my husband.... I have lurked here for many many years and feel like I know everyone here...from being in the delivery room with Steph with both kids to going on vacation with Glenda...I was there...Oh I was also at the Iowa get togethers....I have prayed for you, I have greived with you, I have cried with you, I have celebrated with you. I feel I know all of you...thanks for sharing your lives with me... have any questions...just ask!! oh....I don't know how to post a picture on me on here..
    :O(

• yayagal
    13 years ago

I'm Sheila from Ma.
    I owned a hair salon
    I'm an artist
    I have a husband, 3 grown kids and 3 grands
    I love to create and also to travel
    I've been married 51 years

• trishaw
    13 years ago

Hi there!

I am Trish. I began posting here just about 8 years ago. I was a more regular poster on the Rose Forums. I worked in the rose industry for over 20 years and have now sort of branched out into garden centers as a whole. I love plants! I am married with three children. The older two are my step kids, but I raised them from the time they were very young. We still have the younger two at home, both boys. They are 18 and 21. We now live in South Carolina and have been here for 8 years now. We come from California originally. We shared our cross country move on the rose forums as we managed to move close to 100 roses, 7 cats and 5 dogs, and 3 kids! Not something I would care to repeat! We are now up to 8 cats, all of them indoor as we live right off a major road. We are on 2 acres with lots of garden space. Of course the dogs take up some of it. The rose nursery we moved out here for closed up last year and I have been working part time for a little garden center a block from my house. I love it! Let's see what else? I cross stitch in my spare time, I am a horrible cook but I try all the recipes here, I am in my 40's. Oh I suffer from herniated discs in my neck. Had surgery to correct two of them, but now two more are bad. My DH had a quad bypass in May at the age of 46 but is doing great now!

Trish

• darrah
    13 years ago

I'm Darrah, age 64, but on good days feel like I'm in my 20's. Husband and I are retired, living in Northern CA on 2 1/2 acres among the squirrels and deer. We've been married 43 years - but have known each other since I was ten and he was 13. We have one son who is married with two children. They live near by and we love playing with the grandchildren. Some of my hobbies have been porcelain painting, making stained glass, writing stories, putting words to music (my husband plays guitar), decorating, cooking meals for family gatherings. I love coming to the Kitchen Table and reading about everyones' lives.

My dream is for my husband and I to learn Italian and spend a month in Italy in a cottage overlooking the countryside.

• socks
    13 years ago

Hi--I'm Susan.
    Part-time elementary science teacher. I love my job.
    Former Peace Corps volunteer. I loved that job too!
    I'm very proud of my two grown kids and excited about a new grandchild, DH is retired.
    Besides my job I stay busy visiting with friends,
    reading, gardening, knitting, and shopping. I've traveled somewhat but really do enjoy home sweet home!

• cheryl_down_under
    13 years ago

Hi I'm Cheryl and I live in New South Wales, Australia.
    I am 56, married to Paul and have 2 sons - Matt 37 & Craig 24. Matt is married and I have a wonderful DIL Susan.
    Moved around a lot due to Paul's work, but he is retired now and so we have finally settled in one place - we have a plaque near our front door that says "Dunmovin'"
    I enjoy many sorts of crafts, reading, movies, travelling, the computer and my family and friends.
    I have been a lurker at KT for many years. I don't post very much but start my day by checking out the KT posts.

• vannie
    13 years ago

I guess I've done this so many times I just thought I'd responded to this, but, since I haven't, here goes!! I'm a retired/Speech Therapist/ pre-K teacher. I've been married 43 yrs to a retired principal, who has recently come out of retirement to be the interim president of a private school here.

We have 3 children, 8 grands, and 1 great grand. One of the GSs lives with us. We live in East Texas--Tyler, to be exact. We enjoy all the children, gardening, travel, antiquing, reading, and going to the casinos. DH wins, I lose.

I volunteer at the hospital, and for a first grade class, am a member of the DAR and a book group, and wonder when I did that kind of stuff when I worked. I have the 3 best friends in the world. Okay!!! Now, put my name on that list!!

• User
    13 years ago
    1. socks12345
    2. cheryl_down_under
    3. vannie

Thanks ladies, its so good to get to know you. Please add a picture if you have one.

• Hellion
    13 years ago

Helen from FL, previously MI. I have been a member of the KT since 1999, although I had a couple of different "names". I love reading here, although I don't have alot of time to post. I am retired, but working almost full time, LOL.

• caroline94535
    13 years ago

Looks like I'm late seeing and responding to this. But then, running late is a bad habit of mine.

---------------------------------

I'm Carol (Caroline on my forums) and am currently living in North Dakota.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the Kitchen Table and all the assorted forums since 1998/1999.

In my real life I was a Staff Sergeant in the U.S. Air Force. The years I spent in active duty were, and always will be, the best part of my life. I was a Public Affairs Specialist. I worked in Community Relations and Media Relations most of the time. Occassionaly I'd edit the base paper.

I love travel and moving around. I've been fortunate to have lived in California, Delaware, Spain, England, Indiana, Texas, Colorado, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and now ND.

I was born and raised in northern Arkansas. I graduated with a class of 17 in 1974. Before joining the Air Force I worked as a secretary for a couple of firms, a book keeper, and estate agent.

While in California I worked for seven years in a 1,200-inmate jail faciltiy. Now that was a strange job! I worked a security job for a while here, but I've not worked in the past three years, except for helping put the house back together.

No children. By choice. I could never "see" myself as a mom. I was single for most of my 20s and 30s. I didn't want to make the life-style changes a child would have needed. I married Wes when I was 36; he's a rabid hunter and fisherman and we enjoy our quiet life.

My passions include gardening, birding in general and purple martins in particular, quilting, sewing, reading, beadwork...anything fussy and/or sparkly. I'm a total Anglophile and afternoon tea is a way-of-life for me.

Anyone who knows me knows that Harry (love wrapped in a dog-suit) is my heart. He makes my days, keeps me happy, and adds joy to everything.

And then, there's Sam (strangeness in a dog suit). He's a hoot, and for some bizarre reason he's decided I'm the "Best Human on Earth. Harry's my heart; Sam's my pancreas; (I have diabetes!)

Sam is loved and well cared for, and spoiled and pampered. He's just so incredibly weird. See? I could never have children; I'm afraid I'd "play favorites." I just can't feel for Sam what I feel for Harry. It's not there.

Hi! I'm Caroline, and I, too, am weird!

• mom24
    13 years ago

I'm Erin from PA. I'm married to Jamie and we have 4 children. (Hence the name, mom 2 4) I work as a critical care nurse in a local hospital. I have two sons (Janson and Cason) who are in college. I have two daughters (Samantha and Summer) who are 14 and 11 years old. WE have a beautiful boxer named Akaia.

My hobbies include reading, cooking, watching hockey and football, hiking, and taxi driving for my children.

Life is good! I don't know how to post a picture... sorry.

• blitzyblond_protege
    13 years ago

My family calls me Marie.
    I think I am one of the youngest ones on here.

I live in San Jaquine Vally, CA.

Married for the third time, neither of us has had any children.

I have devoted my life since about age 9 to caring for Seniors and their needs. Moved back to CA,in 1997, after my first divorce with 7 family elders to help my mom care for and now we are down to 2.

I sew, quilt (some), babysit nephews, and fill in where-ever, doing whatever, the family needs me to. I'm unemployed, so I'm the logical choice for everything.

• User
    13 years ago

Do we have any new faces?

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES